[comp.sys.amiga.advocacy] European Personal Computer Sales?

icsu8053@nero.cs.montana.edu (Craig Pratt) (01/25/91)

In article <12913@life.ai.mit.edu> rjc@geech.ai.mit.edu (Ray Cromwell) writes:
>> [text deleted...]
>   Why release a new Amiga model? Once 2.0 is set in ROM, Commodore will
>probably start shipping all new Amigas (A2000/2500/500) with the
>ECS Denise and 2.0 preinstalled! Just as they have done with the Ecs Agnus.
>The only model which might not have 2.0/ECS Denise is the A500C which
>is both cheap, and mainly a game machine. (only 512k ram, comes with games)
>  I'm just speculating, but there is no reason to create dozens of different
>models like Apple does. I think it confuses the Consumer , because it
>takes more knowledge of 'what model is the best for me.'
>
>P.S. The ST is no competition, the Amiga already blew it away.

P.P.S. It only took Commodore 5 years to produce a machine with a 640x400
display which didn't cause your eyes to start bleeding after ten minutes.

P.P.P.S. Apple doesn't know how to market computers?!?  Right...

P.P.P.P.S  The only "blowing" being done is by IBM, IBM cloners and Apple.

Don't criticize the ST while Intel 8088-based DOS computers still roam
the planet.  Especially considering the fact that, while technically
inferior, the MS-DOG machines are the only serious choice for the
business market.

--
    / Craig Pratt                          / icsu8053@caesar.cs.montana.edu    /
   / Montana State University, Bozeman MT / Craig.Pratt@msu3.oscs.montana.edu /