[comp.sys.amiga.advocacy] .marketplace != ".marketing", damnit!

Jarrod.Karau@f55.n282.z1.fidonet.org (Jarrod Karau) writes:

> I have heard disturbing stuff coming from a person close to commodore
> about changes that are/may happen due to the new management with
> copperman gone.

> 1. Amiga educational sales will be halted, no more education deals.

> 2. They will start discriminating against small dealers (they will
> bundle equipment in larger numbers...if you want a 500 for a customer
> you can only get 500's in bundles of 10)

> 3. They will eliminate dealers at a certain profit/sales number.

> Has anyone else heard of this? My only thought is that if they are
> true commodore is forever gone in the computer industry.

Ye gods!  PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!

Newsgroup comp.sys.amiga.marketplace is NOT the place to rant and rave
about Commodore management/policies, not even their MARKETING policies
and management; please restrict drivel like the quoted posting to
c.s.a.advocacy ONLY. If you followed that up in .marketplace, go back
NOW and CANCEL your followup and put it where it belongs.

Group c.s.a.marketplace is for wanted and for sale postings, discussions
on product availability and price, and similar EXTREMELY non-controversial
topics ONLY!

Grrrr!

/s/ Your UN-friendly e-neighborhood curmudgeon,

                                                           /// It's Amiga
                                                          /// for me:  why
Kent, the man from xanth.                             \\\///   settle for
<xanthian@Zorch.SF-Bay.ORG> <xanthian@well.sf.ca.us>   \XX/  anything less?
--
Convener, COMPLETED comp.sys.amiga grand reorganization.

rwm@atronx.OCUnix.On.Ca (Russell McOrmond) (01/30/91)

In a message posted on 28 Jan 91 21:15:35 GMT,
xanthian@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG (Kent Paul Dolan) wrote:
KPD>Jarrod.Karau@f55.n282.z1.fidonet.org (Jarrod Karau) writes:
KPD>> I have heard disturbing stuff coming from a person close to commodore
KPD>> about changes that are/may happen due to the new management with
KPD>> copperman gone.

KPD>and management; please restrict drivel like the quoted posting to
KPD>c.s.a.advocacy ONLY. If you followed that up in .marketplace, go back

While it is just roomer (and most likely in-correct), I don't think they were
that bad that they deserved what looks to me like a flame.

KPD>/s/ Your UN-friendly e-neighborhood curmudgeon,

Calm down - You're worse than I am on Fidonet ;-)

KPD>Kent, the man from xanth.                             \\\///   settle for
KPD><xanthian@Zorch.SF-Bay.ORG> <xanthian@well.sf.ca.us>   \XX/  anything less?
KPD>--
KPD>Convener, COMPLETED comp.sys.amiga grand reorganization.

---
  Opinions expressed in this message are my Own. I represent nobody else.
  Russell McOrmond   rwm@Atronx.OCUnix.On.Ca   {tigris,alzabo,...}!atronx!rwm
  FidoNet 1:163/109  Net Support: (613) 230-2282
  Amiga-Fidonet Support  1:1/109       Gateway for .Amiga.OCUnix.On.Ca