[comp.sys.amiga.advocacy] CommonTex

Dennis_Grant%CMR001.bitnet@ugw.utcs.utoronto.ca (02/04/91)

     I recently asked why I got garbage when I tried to print out a .dvi
file that CommonTex had generated. I was informed that one needs a .dvi-to-
printer driver program to print one out.

     OK, (he said, asking the obvious question :) ) where can I find a

     a) .dvi-to-Epson driver, and
     b) a .dvi to postscript driver?

     and, for that matter, a

     c) page previewer for .dvi files?

  Dennis Grant   3rd year CS student at Le College Militaire Royal de St-Jean
  DETUD595@CMR001.BITNET
  How much do I love thee? My accumulator overflows!

faheyr@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Bob Fahey <NECR0SIS>) (02/05/91)

>     I recently asked why I got garbage when I tried to print out a .dvi
>file that CommonTex had generated. I was informed that one needs a .dvi-to-
>printer driver program to print one out.
>     OK, (he said, asking the obvious question :) ) where can I find a
>     a) .dvi-to-Epson driver, and
>     b) a .dvi to postscript driver?
>     c) page previewer for .dvi files?

Check out rusmv1.rus.uni-stuttgart.de (129.69.1.12) in /soft/amiga/tex.
There are all kinds of really nifty tex things in there, including showdvi
which is a displayer, as well as the printer pgm. (I believe both of these
were in the file "showdvi.zoo")......
l8r
bob
|      ///| a.k.a. NECR0SIS     faheyr@silver.ucs.indiana.edu  -or-          |
|  \\\///_|                     faheyr@rose.ucs.indiana.edu                  |
|   \XX/  |  M  I  G  A      "'Ere long done do does did..."  - The Smiths   |
|             "...life is seen through the eyes of a dog..."  - Skinny Puppy |

higgin@cbmvax.commodore.com (Paul Higginbottom - CATS) (02/05/91)

In article <43670@nigel.ee.udel.edu> Dennis_Grant%CMR001.bitnet@ugw.utcs.utoronto.ca writes:
$     I recently asked why I got garbage when I tried to print out a .dvi
$file that CommonTex had generated. I was informed that one needs a .dvi-to-
$printer driver program to print one out.
$     OK, (he said, asking the obvious question :) ) where can I find a
$     a) .dvi-to-Epson driver, and
$     b) a .dvi to postscript driver?
$     and, for that matter, a
$     c) page previewer for .dvi files?

Not sure what CommonTex is (a pd version, I assume), but those things
you asked about are part of Radical Eye's commercially available AmigaTeX
package.  I believe the number is: 415-32-AMIGA.

	Paul.