[comp.sys.amiga.advocacy] PasTeX

hessmann@unipas.fmi.uni-passau.de (Georg Hessmann) (02/06/91)

In article <faheyr.665696842@silver> faheyr@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Bob Fahey <NECR0SIS>) writes:
>>     I recently asked why I got garbage when I tried to print out a .dvi
>>file that CommonTex had generated. I was informed that one needs a .dvi-to-
>>printer driver program to print one out.
>>     OK, (he said, asking the obvious question :) ) where can I find a
>>     a) .dvi-to-Epson driver, and
>>     b) a .dvi to postscript driver?
>>     c) page previewer for .dvi files?
>
>Check out rusmv1.rus.uni-stuttgart.de (129.69.1.12) in /soft/amiga/tex.
>There are all kinds of really nifty tex things in there, including showdvi
>which is a displayer, as well as the printer pgm. (I believe both of these
>were in the file "showdvi.zoo")......

First: There is no CommonTeX, but TeX 3.0 (or soon TeX 3.1).

There are the TeX programs initex/virtex, a previewer (ShowDVI) and a
printer driver (DVIprint).
That's the programs for a) and c).

You can get the newest version of PasTeX from my home ftp-server:
  ftp.uni-passau.de (132.231.1.10) /pub/amiga/tex

But we have a slow line, so look also at:
  ab20.larc.nasa.gov /incoming/amiga/TEX

* WAIT *

If you want these programs wait some days for PasTeX version 1.2.
I will finish the work this week, so look at the ftp servers next week.
(I will post it, when the version is ready)

	Georg.
--
  hessmann@unipas.fmi.uni-passau.de		hessmann@unipas.uucp