[comp.sys.amiga.advocacy] Make the 2.0 RKM's right!

231b3678@fergvax.unl.edu (CS 231 section 2) (02/04/91)

BEFORE the 2.0 RKM's come out, they should fix them RIGHT!

Attention RKM dudes:
   Add the DOS.library commands to the Includes and AutoDocs, and give examples
in the Libraries & devices book!

I don't want to go out a buy a LAME DOS manual with only 6 pages of useful
information in it (and meager at that!)

See ya
Phil Dietz

---
   FACT:  the Nebraska Cornhuskers                           Phil Dietz
          signed a contract to lose the        231b3678@fergvax.unl.edu
          big games!  Yes, it's true!                 Univ. of Nebraska

vinsci@nic.funet.fi (Leonard Norrgard) (02/06/91)

In article <1991Feb03.233841.23999@hoss.unl.edu> 231b3678@fergvax.unl.edu (CS 231 section 2) writes:
   BEFORE the 2.0 RKM's come out, they should fix them RIGHT!

   Attention RKM dudes:
      Add the DOS.library commands to the Includes and AutoDocs, and give examples
   in the Libraries & devices book!

Also, please add error condition tests to the programs so that they
fully and completely follow the Amiga programming guidelines. One of
the more irritating phases of being an Amiga programmer is to see C-A
break the rules while demanding that developers follow them (compare
cut/copy/paste in 2.0: it doesn't use the system clipboard (you ought
to hear their explanation why...)).

   I don't want to go out a buy a LAME DOS manual with only 6 pages of useful
   information in it (and meager at that!)

The DOS manual is Bantam stuff; might be hard to transfer the DOS book
to Addison-Wesley...  I'd be happy to see it happen though, so the DOS
docs could be included in the RKM.

   Phil Dietz

-- Leonard

andy@cbmvax.commodore.com (Andy Finkel) (02/06/91)

In article <VINSCI.91Feb5190224@nic.nic.funet.fi> vinsci@nic.funet.fi (Leonard Norrgard) writes:
>the more irritating phases of being an Amiga programmer is to see C-A
>break the rules while demanding that developers follow them (compare
>cut/copy/paste in 2.0: it doesn't use the system clipboard (you ought
>to hear their explanation why...)).

The console.device itself doesn't use the clipboard.device, because its
in ROM, and the clipboard.device is on the workbench disk.
(console.device also has a task, rather than a process)
There is a utility on conclip which runs in the background,
and sends and gets the internal console.device clips to and from
the clipboard.device.

There, now you know.

		andy

--
andy finkel		{uunet|rutgers|amiga}!cbmvax!andy
Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

"God was able to create the world in only seven days because there
 was no installed base to consider."