[comp.sys.amiga.advocacy] A Cray Y-MP for $19.95

dave@cs.arizona.edu (Dave P. Schaumann) (02/15/91)

In article <12154@helios.TAMU.EDU> n368bq@tamuts.tamu.edu (Raoul Rodriguez) writes:
>Amiga 500 (w/monitor)  $759 (educational)
>Cray Y-MP emulator (faster than the real Cray Y-MP) $19.95

Actually, you can make your own Cray Y-MP.  Just get a suitable amound of sand,
iron ore, and a few other minor ingrediants, and mix*!

>Raoul "My 500 Has a Detachable Keyboard" Rodriguez
>n368bq@tamuts.tamu.edu
>Standard Disclaimers Apply (Within)

*This step is left as an exercise for the student.

--
Dave Schaumann      | DANGER: Access holes may tear easily.  Use of the access
dave@cs.arizona.edu | carton and subsequent injury to the user.

n368bq@tamuts.tamu.edu (Raoul Rodriguez) (02/16/91)

In article <12154@helios.TAMU.EDU> n368bq@tamuts.tamu.edu (Raoul Rodriguez) writes:
>>Amiga 500 (w/monitor)  $759 (educational)
>>Cray Y-MP emulator (faster than the real Cray Y-MP) $19.95
>
>Actually, you can make your own Cray Y-MP.  Just get a suitable amound of sand,
>iron ore, and a few other minor ingrediants, and mix*!

ahhh, but with my 19.95 board, I don't NEED to!  But, heck this is how I
made my first Amiga (the manuals were the hardest part, I had to grow the
trees and make the pulp, although I discovered that the cost of smelting the
various metals far outweighted the cost of the machine, my first computer I
made I call the "'ool PC", I sold to IBM and they called it the XT, there
still hasen't been much improvement on my original design though, although
I liked my cyberspace mind link into the computer better than the klude-like
keyboard they added on...

>>Raoul "My 500 Has a Detachable Keyboard" Rodriguez
>>n368bq@tamuts.tamu.edu
>>Standard Disclaimers Apply (Within)
>
>*This step is left as an exercise for the student.

Allready did it, wait till you see what I come up with NeXT week... :)

>--
>Dave Schaumann      | DANGER: Access holes may tear easily.  Use of the access
>    | holes for lifting or carrying may result in damage to the
>dave@cs.arizona.edu | carton and subsequent injury to the user.

Raoul Rodriguez
"Opus was blessedly unaware of Portnoy and Hodge-Podge marching up the hill
with a fully automatic 45mm American Ruger Assault rifle, apparently intent
upon massacring the imminent hordes of Communists in groups of fifty or more."
- Bloom County