[comp.sys.amiga.advocacy] Want CDTV info.

jejones@mcrware.UUCP (James Jones) (02/11/91)

In article <1991Feb10.211625.24078@mintaka.lcs.mit.edu> rjc@geech.ai.mit.edu (Ray Cromwell) writes:
>From what I've seen of CD-I/DVI systems, they are STILL
>too slow to do full-motion video (only half or 1/4 of the screen).

If I remember rightly, word about the addition of full-motion, full-
screen video to CD-I was out in the industry mags something over a year
ago.

	James Jones

huebner@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Robert E. Huebner) (02/12/91)

In article <4991@mcrware.UUCP> jejones@mcrware.UUCP (James Jones) writes:
>In article <1991Feb10.211625.24078@mintaka.lcs.mit.edu> rjc@geech.ai.mit.edu (Ray Cromwell) writes:
>>From what I've seen of CD-I/DVI systems, they are STILL
>>too slow to do full-motion video (only half or 1/4 of the screen).
>
>If I remember rightly, word about the addition of full-motion, full-
>screen video to CD-I was out in the industry mags something over a year
>ago.

Yes, and word about system 7 was out over 6 months ago, and word about
Workbench 2.0 appeared in magazines 8-9 months ago etc. etc.

Last I heard (from someone who works for Phillips on CD-I developer's
tools) was that they were "Having trouble" delivering the promised
FSFMV.  My impression was that they would hold release until they
got things ironed out.  Let's hope CBM does that same.  If only one
entry in the field delivers on this, the choice will be all too clear.

--
| Robert E. Huebner                   | "Death is nature's way of telling  |
| huebner@en.ecn.purdue.edu           |  you to slow down"                 |

prf@otter.hpl.hp.com (Paul Freeman) (02/12/91)

No, it still can't be done!

Classic_-_Concepts@cup.portal.com (02/17/91)

   For those interested in CDTV in the marketplace.  The CDTV showed up on
the daytime show called REGIS and KATHY LEE LIVE! along with a variety of
electronic and other 'gadgets'.
                                              J. Petersen