[comp.sys.amiga.advocacy] YAAS - Yet another Amiga Sighting

mike@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG (Mike Smithwick) (02/15/91)

[]

Arthur C. Clarkes publishers sent me a copy of his latest tome,
"Ghost from the Grand Banks" about two competing companies trying
to raise the Titanic for the 100th anniversary of its sinking.

This might be the first novel to deal with the Mandelbrot set
as one of the characters has a man-made lake shaped like the
M-set on her estate.

In the acknowledgments section he gives thanks to MandFXP from
Cygnus Software which he runs on his A2000.

mike

--
"outside of a dog, a book is mans best friend, inside a dog, it's
 too hard to read"-Groucho

Mike Smithwick - ames!zorch!mike

drewid@chopin.udel.edu (Andrew G. Dehel) (02/20/91)

	You think that's something?  How about this.....

		Arthur C. Clarke wrote a letter to Amiga World
(december '90 ?) and in it explains that he does all of his
mandlebrot exploring with it.  I couldn't believe it when I saw it!

Arthur C. Clarke, one of my Favorite SF Writers!!!  An Amiga Owner.

Then I thought, that makes a lot of sense, really.......

					Drew

dtiberio@csserv2.ic.sunysb.edu (David Tiberio) (02/21/91)

In article <16471@chopin.udel.edu> drewid@chopin.udel.edu (Andrew G. Dehel) writes:

>	You think that's something?  How about this.....
>
>		Arthur C. Clarke wrote a letter to Amiga World
>(december '90 ?) and in it explains that he does all of his
>mandlebrot exploring with it.  I couldn't believe it when I saw it!
>
>Arthur C. Clarke, one of my Favorite SF Writers!!!  An Amiga Owner.
>
>Then I thought, that makes a lot of sense, really.......
>

>					Drew

  I am going to make a prediction of the next Amiga sighting.

  This Saturday night, at approximately 11:30 pm EST, millions of television
viewers will be exposed to the Amiga computer. The TV station will be NBC,
during the opening scenes of Saturday Night Live (just before Don Par-dough
says "Saturday Night Live"). There will be a close up of a New York City
electronics store, of which two computers will be displayed with a television
set between them. Take a good look at the computer on the left.

  For those of you in New York, you will know what to expect (the computers
hang from the ceiling, with the spacebar aimed at the floor and the rear
ports pointing upwards, with a price tag stating "$15   (and up)". :) In fact,
I think the computer on the right was a C64 (it had the brighter color).

DavidTiberio SUNYStonyBrook2-3605 AMIGA TotoProductions DDDMEN
Owner of a C128, a dead 64, and 64 living in the 128, and
   an AMIGA! Well, IBM, Mac, Atari and C64 emulators included!

bheil@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Brian Heil) (02/22/91)

Last night on CNN Headline News they had a story about video games dealing
with Desert Storm and war in general... They made specific reference to FA-18
and F16 Falcon.  Guess which computer they showed them on?  Yep.. an Amiga
500, of course they didn't mention the name of the computer :(.  They also
showed a PD game called Scud Attack... This one ran on a IBM clone... it made
wonderful 'woooooo-boom' noises... you know the kind!  F16 Falcon was running
on the A500 (as was FA18)... looked good and sounded good, the computer in the
F16 even said 'pull up! pull up!' like it does.

Now if they'd only mention the name!!!

--
Brian Heil                           )              University of Iowa
bheil@scout-po.biz.uiowa.edu         (      College of Business Administration