[comp.sys.amiga.advocacy] Script bits

dac@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au (Andrew Clayton) (02/12/91)

In article <1991Feb11.113601.1338@sugar.hackercorp.com>, Peter da Silva writes:

> In article <18a97a8b.ARN2a78@prolix.ccadfa.cc.adfa.oz.au> dac@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au writes:
> > In article <1991Feb9.045752.2018@sugar.hackercorp.com>, Peter da Silva writes:
> > > In any case, adding a special bit for *each* separate command language is a
> > > bad idea. I think the script bit is a mistake already.
>
> > Explain the last sentence in that statement, Peter, and make it a
> > good explanation as well! Or Else.
>
> There's already an "execute" bit. A file with the execute bit set but not in
> Amiga load format should be treated as a script.

Having eight bits is kinda useful, Peter. The 'Script' bit is great. Whilst
having the machine check to see if a file is a script, is plain dumb. There is
no reason why a binary should start with any particular sequence of
characters, right? Therefore, there is no reason why some unlucky binary file
could start with the text '.key', and then the script interpreter would be
called instead of the program loader - which would try to 'execute' a binary.
Not clever at all.

Adding the overhead of having to parse any executable to see if it's a script
is not clever, and I agree with CBM's decision to make a script-bit.

Messydos can get away with their strict filename regulations, to be able to
have a script file automagically execute when called, but who wants to be
limited to a brain dead filename limitation?

> No reason to blow another
> bit on the same thing. Too late *now*, of course, but why compound the mistake?

There was a reason. There isn't when it comes to AREXX, if WB 2.0 already
determines that the Script bit can mean Arexx or Execute Script.

(Funnily enough, the S bit doesn't work on AREXX scripts under 1.3! :-)

> Peter da Silva.   `-_-'

Dac
--
 _l _  _   // Andrew Clayton. Canberra, Australia.         I Post  .
(_](_l(_ \X/  Send mail to dac@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au                . .  I am.

In article <18ac1a05.ARN2ae4@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au> dac@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au writes:
> > There's already an "execute" bit. A file with the execute bit set but not in
> > Amiga load format should be treated as a script.

> Having eight bits is kinda useful, Peter.

UNIX has 16 and they've run out long ago. Sure it uses 9 instead of 4 on
protection, but that leaves them an extra 3 bits... and they don't even have
an archive bit!

> The 'Script' bit is great. Whilst
> having the machine check to see if a file is a script, is plain dumb.

Why?

> There is
> no reason why a binary should start with any particular sequence of
> characters, right?

Sure there is. Observe:

1.System2.0:S> list dterm.init
Directory "System2.0:S" on Tuesday 12-Feb-91
dterm.init                  5421 ----rwed 25-Dec-90 09:07:26
1 file - 12 blocks used
1.System2.0:S> dterm.init
dterm.init: file is not executable
1.System2.0:S>

The exact same trick the UNIX shell does would serve: try to execute it as an
executable, and if that fails it's a script:

	segList = LoadSeg(...);
	if(segList == INVALID)
		load_script(...);
--
Peter da Silva.   `-_-'
<peter@sugar.hackercorp.com>.

rjc@geech.ai.mit.edu (Ray Cromwell) (02/13/91)

In article <1991Feb13.013917.22130@sugar.hackercorp.com> peter@sugar.hackercorp.com (Peter da Silva) writes:
>In article <18ac1a05.ARN2ae4@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au> dac@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au writes:
>> > There's already an "execute" bit. A file with the execute bit set but not in
>> > Amiga load format should be treated as a script.
>
>> Having eight bits is kinda useful, Peter.
>
>UNIX has 16 and they've run out long ago. Sure it uses 9 instead of 4 on
>protection, but that leaves them an extra 3 bits... and they don't even have
>an archive bit!

  I can think of one reason for the script bit. A directly list.
It's neat if I can type ls -F, and the listing will show which files
are executable, links, directories, data, and script. I'm afriad open()ing or
LoadSeg()ing every file in a tree will be quite slow.

>Sure there is. Observe:
>
>1.System2.0:S> list dterm.init
>Directory "System2.0:S" on Tuesday 12-Feb-91
>dterm.init                  5421 ----rwed 25-Dec-90 09:07:26
>1 file - 12 blocks used
>1.System2.0:S> dterm.init
>dterm.init: file is not executable
>1.System2.0:S>
  Hey, you use dterm? I think matt dillion stopped working on that a
long time ago? My version is buggy! (GURUs often)

>The exact same trick the UNIX shell does would serve: try to execute it as an
>executable, and if that fails it's a script:
>
>	segList = LoadSeg(...);
>	if(segList == INVALID)
>		load_script(...);
          if(not_a_script) WhatIsIt();
  How do we tell the difference between Arexx scripts, shell scripts,
CSH scripts, TCL scripts, etc?

 What we really need is a new hunk, or recognition sequence that defines
that type the file is. (IFF, Text, arexx, ect) Simular to what Commodore
did with $VER:. Why? I think it would be neat if the shell could help the
user more like 'File is Text, not a script, want to read it? <execute more>'

Either that, or provide .info files for text and script files. The shell
could try to look at the tool (Amigabasic, execute, rx, TCL, Csh, WSH, etc)
and execute the the appropriate interpreter that way. I agree that
adding bits for every new script language is not the answer.
I kind of like the .info scheme since it doesn't require any change to the OS,
just the shell. One problem is people don't supply <>.info files for
every file on the disk. Editors and Applications have to be smarter
and start to save icon files out too. Now that Workbench is actually
USUABLE, I hope more 2.0 programs do this. It's a pain to use Iconedit, or
duplicate an icon everytime you want to use it from workbench.

So what do you think?  Should shells check the .info file of a file and
look at the default tool so it knows which interpreter to use?

>--
>Peter da Silva.   `-_-'
><peter@sugar.hackercorp.com>.

In article <18ac1a05.ARN2ae4@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au> dac@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au writes:
> [about the 'script bit']
>
>Having eight bits is kinda useful, Peter. The 'Script' bit is great. Whilst
>having the machine check to see if a file is a script, is plain dumb. There is
>no reason why a binary should start with any particular sequence of
>characters, right?

There IS. Binaries on the Amiga come in "hunks" (at least the executable
binaries, and I think we talk about them), and these hunks indeed start
with some binary header that is never supposed to occur as the start of
a plain text file.

h112706@lehtori.tut.fi (Herranen Henrik) (02/13/91)

In article <18ac1a05.ARN2ae4@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au> dac@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au (Andrew Clayton) writes:

   Having eight bits is kinda useful, Peter. The 'Script' bit is great. Whilst
   having the machine check to see if a file is a script, is plain dumb. There is
   no reason why a binary should start with any particular sequence of
   characters, right? Therefore, there is no reason why some unlucky binary file
   could start with the text '.key', and then the script interpreter would be
   called instead of the program loader - which would try to 'execute' a binary.
   Not clever at all.

From that comment I notice that you don't have the faintest idea of how
the executables are stored on disk. An executable file can NEVER begin
with the text .key. Executables are recognized by AmigaDOS by the fact
that the first 4 bytes (or was it 8) is always the same. So, really,
the script bit is unneeded. If a file is executable and does NOT start
with the standard executable longword, it could have been assumed that
the file is a script.
--
Henrik 'Leopold' Herranen  Internet: h112706@cc.tut.fi
Snail Mail:  TTKK/Paarakennuksen neuvonta/PL527/33101 Tampere/Finland

"I don't need no arms around me, I don't need no drugs to calm me" - PF 1979

barrett@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Dan Barrett) (02/14/91)

In article <18ac1a05.ARN2ae4@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au> dac@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au writes:
>Having eight bits is kinda useful, Peter. The 'Script' bit is great. Whilst
>having the machine check to see if a file is a script, is plain dumb. There is
>no reason why a binary should start with any particular sequence of
>characters, right?

	Are you aware that all Amiga executable files start with the same
bytes?  That's how the Amiga can tell it is indeed a program, and not just
data.

>Therefore, there is no reason why some unlucky binary file could start with
>the text '.key', and then the script interpreter would be
>called instead of the program loader - which would try to 'execute' a binary.
>Not clever at all.

	UNIX does this.  The interpreter just fails on the file, as if it
had a syntax error.  Not a problem, really.
	Of course, the file would have to have its execute bit (incorrectly)
turned on in the first place.  A person might just as easily set the script
bit on a non-script file as set the execute bit on a non-executable.

	But you are right -- the method isn't perfect.  But neither is
having a different bit for each of 52 different interpreters (Shell,
AREXX, AmigaBasic, csh, sksh, etc etc), or the inability to run scripts
for "unsupported" interpreters.

                                                        Dan

 //////////////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
| Dan Barrett, Department of Computer Science      Johns Hopkins University |
| INTERNET:   barrett@cs.jhu.edu           |                                |
| COMPUSERVE: >internet:barrett@cs.jhu.edu | UUCP:   barrett@jhunix.UUCP    |
 \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\/////////////////////////////////////

In article <1991Feb13.053854.12419@mintaka.lcs.mit.edu> rjc@geech.ai.mit.edu (Ray Cromwell) writes:
> It's neat if I can type ls -F, and the listing will show which files
> are executable, links, directories, data, and script. I'm afriad open()ing or
> LoadSeg()ing every file in a tree will be quite slow.

True, but you could see which ones are "executable or script". And, really, you
probably don't care which is which. That's the whole point of the script bit,
after all...

>   Hey, you use dterm? I think matt dillion stopped working on that a
> long time ago? My version is buggy! (GURUs often)

Yep, I use Dterm. It's still the best plain-jane terminal program (no fancy
emulations... just a solid window on the WB). I have V 1.11 and it doesn't
GURU on me...

Wish I could talk Matt into supporting DTERM again. It's a good program.

>   How do we tell the difference between Arexx scripts, shell scripts,
> CSH scripts, TCL scripts, etc?

That's a Small Matter of Programming in "load_script()". Personally, I like
the idea of using the Filenote for this (that'd satisfy your "ls" needs)...

Actually, do this:

	fp = fopen(filename, "r");
	fgets(firstline, sizeof firstline, fp);
	fclose(fp);
	hashbang = strstr(firstline, "#!");
	if(!hashbang) shell_script(filename);
	else {
		sprintf(cmd, "%s %s", hashbang+2, filename);
		System(cmd, ...);
	}

You could also have the #! string in the filenote (check that first, for
speed).

> I kind of like the .info scheme

Also a good idea...
--
Peter da Silva.   `-_-'
<peter@sugar.hackercorp.com>.

dac@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au (Andrew Clayton) (02/14/91)

In article <H112706.91Feb13112820@lehtori.tut.fi>, Herranen Henrik writes:

> In article <18ac1a05.ARN2ae4@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au> dac@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au (Andrew Clayton) writes:
>
>     There is
>    no reason why a binary should start with any particular sequence of
>    characters, right?

> From that comment I notice that you don't have the faintest idea of how
> the executables are stored on disk. An executable file can NEVER begin
> with the text .key. Executables are recognized by AmigaDOS by the fact
> that the first 4 bytes (or was it 8) is always the same. So, really,
> the script bit is unneeded.

I sit/stand corrected. Thanks heaps. :-(.

> Henrik 'Leopold' Herranen  Internet: h112706@cc.tut.fi

Dac
--
Ob. defense, I did put a '?' after my assumption. 1/2:-)

In article <1991Feb13.013917.22130@sugar.hackercorp.com>, Peter da Silva writes:

> In article <18ac1a05.ARN2ae4@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au> dac@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au writes:
> > > There's already an "execute" bit. A file with the execute bit set but not in
> > > Amiga load format should be treated as a script.
>
> > Having eight bits is kinda useful, Peter.
>
> UNIX has 16 and they've run out long ago. Sure it uses 9 instead of 4 on
> protection, but that leaves them an extra 3 bits... and they don't even have
> an archive bit!

Having already been toasted, I'll bow out, singed, shaken, but not totally
dejected. *I* am not the proud owner of a 'V8 mind'. :-)

> Peter da Silva.   `-_-'

Dac

In article <11221.tnews@templar.actrix.gen.nz> jbickers@templar.actrix.gen.nz (John Bickers) writes:
>     Count up how many accesses are required on the file to determine
>     whether it's a script, using either method.

One. Remember, in FFS the first block of the file tends to be contiguous with
the header, and for a floppy (the only place this makes a difference) the
whole track gets loaded in a unit so the first block is right there.

With OFS you'd have a single extra access, but since you presumably need
to load the script in to memory to run it that access would be made in
any case, whether it's a script or not. All you're doing is preloading
the disk's buffer pool.
--
Peter da Silva.   `-_-'
<peter@sugar.hackercorp.com>.

jbickers@templar.actrix.gen.nz (John Bickers) (02/15/91)

Quoted from <1991Feb13.013917.22130@sugar.hackercorp.com> by peter@sugar.hackercorp.com (Peter da Silva):
> In article <18ac1a05.ARN2ae4@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au> dac@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au writes:

> > having the machine check to see if a file is a script, is plain dumb.
>
> Why?

    Count up how many accesses are required on the file to determine
    whether it's a script, using either method.

    In the worst case, running a script frequently as part of another
    script on a floppy, you'd want something a bit more efficient
    than "if LoadSeg fails LoadScript".

--
*** John Bickers, TAP, NZAmigaUG.        jbickers@templar.actrix.gen.nz ***
***         "Patterns multiplying, re-direct our view" - Devo.          ***

jbickers@templar.actrix.gen.nz (John Bickers) (02/15/91)

Quoted from <1991Feb13.053854.12419@mintaka.lcs.mit.edu> by rjc@geech.ai.mit.edu (Ray Cromwell):
> In article <1991Feb13.013917.22130@sugar.hackercorp.com> peter@sugar.hackercorp.com (Peter da Silva) writes:

> >	segList = LoadSeg(...);
> >	if(segList == INVALID)
> >		load_script(...);

>           if(not_a_script) WhatIsIt();
>   How do we tell the difference between Arexx scripts, shell scripts,
> CSH scripts, TCL scripts, etc?

    Let the shell figure it out, like WShell does. The OS should only
    really have one script language (if that), though the reality is
    that the 1st one proved insufficient, and now we have a 2nd, it's
    too late to throw away the 1st.

> did with $VER:. Why? I think it would be neat if the shell could help the
> user more like 'File is Text, not a script, want to read it? <execute more>'

    Programs do exist that do this job, to some extent. Programs have
    the hunk format, IFF files have the various IFF headers, ARexx
    scripts have /*, AmigaDOS scripts have the script bit.

    It isn't that hard to type two characters before a filename to
    do something with it, though (and in terms of file completion it's
    faster to scan an argument word than it is a command word, eg:
    on my machine "lh<Esc>" expands to "lharc" much slower than
    "m x<Esc>" expands to "m xmas.pic").

    So a simple "whatis" sort of program could be a practical solution
    to any filetype problems.

    Some problems with scanning .info files are:

    x   Some of us use shells to avoid a proliferation of .infos.

    x   Current software could require messing with arguments.
--
*** John Bickers, TAP, NZAmigaUG.        jbickers@templar.actrix.gen.nz ***
***         "Patterns multiplying, re-direct our view" - Devo.          ***

dac@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au (Andrew Clayton) (02/16/91)

In article <7564@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU>, Dan Barrett writes:

[and joins the throngs pointing out my glaring error. Oh the pain]

> 	But you are right -- the method isn't perfect.  But neither is
> having a different bit for each of 52 different interpreters (Shell,
> AREXX, AmigaBasic, csh, sksh, etc etc), or the inability to run scripts
> for "unsupported" interpreters.

Well, no, having a *different* bit for each script interpreter is plainly
ridiculous.  I saw Peter make, what appeared to me, to be a wild accusation.
My execution of my reply could have been, ah, cleverer.  :-/

If a file has the SCRIPT bit set, then Amigados should know how to cope with
it, if it is a dos script, or an Arexx script.  There isn't any need for an
'Arexx' script, which is was the nice gentleman from C= said in the first
place.

bartonr@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (None Of The Above) (02/17/91)

In article <1991Feb13.013917.22130@sugar.hackercorp.com>, Peter da Silva writes:
> UNIX has 16 and they've run out long ago. Sure it uses 9 instead of 4 on
> protection, but that leaves them an extra 3 bits... and they don't even have
> an archive bit!

  AmigaDOS has 32 bits available, so I don't think we're in danger of
running out anytime soon.

david@twg.com (David S. Herron) (02/19/91)

In article <18ac1a05.ARN2ae4@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au> dac@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au writes:

>> There's already an "execute" bit. A file with the execute bit set but not in
>> Amiga load format should be treated as a script.
>
>Having eight bits is kinda useful, Peter. The 'Script' bit is great. Whilst
>having the machine check to see if a file is a script, is plain dumb. There is
>no reason why a binary should start with any particular sequence of
>characters, right? Therefore, there is no reason why some unlucky binary file
>could start with the text '.key', and then the script interpreter would be
>called instead of the program loader - which would try to 'execute' a binary.
>Not clever at all.
>
>Adding the overhead of having to parse any executable to see if it's a script
>is not clever, and I agree with CBM's decision to make a script-bit.

Oops.. just realized my post earlier was incomplete.

There is very little "parsing" to do to recognize what kind of
executable you have there.  At least on Unix what is done is make
the first 2 (4?) bytes be a "magic number".  For an executable
script the magic number is "#!" and for normal object files the
magic number is something that cannot appear in normal text.  Hmm..
this assumption will likely break soon since Unix is being
internationalized, part of which is support for 8-bit text.  Sigh..

Yeah, sure, I'm being inflamatory by saying "Unix does this already"
.. but, really, the capabilities are there and would be a useful
addition to AmigaDOS.

For instance Unix has different sorts of "object files" with
different capabilities -- simply by using different Magic Numbers.
Using a Unix-y magic number scheme the "pure" bit in the protection
is not necessary, it would just be a different magic number.  After
all, what does the purity of the program have to do with file
protections?  Methinks it was just a handy place to stuff a bit
without having to change too many things.  (quick hack)

If you wanna do a one-up-manship with Unix then I suggest putting
the Magic Number some other place besides the beginning of the file.

	David

--
<- David Herron, an MMDF & WIN/MHS guy, <david@twg.com>
<- Formerly: David Herron -- NonResident E-Mail Hack <david@ms.uky.edu>

davewt@NCoast.ORG (David Wright) (02/19/91)

In article <1991Feb13.210019.3896@sugar.hackercorp.com> peter@sugar.hackercorp.com (Peter da Silva) writes:
>That's a Small Matter of Programming in "load_script()". Personally, I like
>the idea of using the Filenote for this (that'd satisfy your "ls" needs)...
>You could also have the #! string in the filenote (check that first, for
>speed).
	I can tell you that I would refuse to use any program that put/changed
anything in the filenotes field, and I don't think I am alone. I use the
filenotes for my own use, primarily to indicate versions and brief descriptions
of what the program does (so you don't have to dig through a ton of files in
your DOCS: direcory to find out what some obscure utility does), which is what
they were intended for. I will resist to the DEATH anything that tries to
steal them from me for a much uglier and IMHO kludgier use. Filenotes are one
of the things that truely sets the Amiga OS apart from other systems, by
allowing the USER to store USER DECIDED info with each file. About the only
thing I would accept for this is the use of filenotes on directories to
indicate the users and security level needed to access the files in the
directory, as is done in some Amiga multi-user software.
>> I kind of like the .info scheme
>Also a good idea...
	This I agree on. Since icons are supposed to be "black box" objects
anyway, if there was a system call that stuck in/retrieved something else
from the icon, that would seem the best method.

			Dave

GHGAQZ4@cc1.kuleuven.ac.be (02/20/91)

>Oops.. just realized my post earlier was incomplete.
>
>There is very little "parsing" to do to recognize what kind of
>executable you have there.  At least on Unix what is done is make
>the first 2 (4?) bytes be a "magic number".  For an executable
>script the magic number is "#!" and for normal object files the
>magic number is something that cannot appear in normal text.  Hmm..
>this assumption will likely break soon since Unix is being
>internationalized, part of which is support for 8-bit text.  Sigh..
>
>Yeah, sure, I'm being inflamatory by saying "Unix does this already"
>.. but, really, the capabilities are there and would be a useful
>addition to AmigaDOS.
>
>For instance Unix has different sorts of "object files" with
>different capabilities -- simply by using different Magic Numbers.
>Using a Unix-y magic number scheme the "pure" bit in the protection
>is not necessary, it would just be a different magic number.  After
>all, what does the purity of the program have to do with file
>protections?  Methinks it was just a handy place to stuff a bit
>without having to change too many things.  (quick hack)
>
>If you wanna do a one-up-manship with Unix then I suggest putting
>the Magic Number some other place besides the beginning of the file.
>

>        David

You obviously don't know the Amiga well. Amiga executables are very
well recognizable by the first 4 bytes of the file. These 4 bytes
are always equal to 0x000003F8 (or something like that). This is
a highly unlikely longword for ascii files.

I think I'd rather have a pure bit than another keyword in the file
to indicate it is pure. With the pure bit you do not have to open
the file to see if it is pure. A simple Lock will suffice.
Opening a file has much more overhead than locking the file.
Having a pure bit means that you can include this bit in the directory
listing. If there was a Magic Number IN the file, the directory utility
would have to open the file, read some bytes from it and close the file
again, and this for EACH file in the directory.

            Jorrit Tyberghein

In article <1991Feb19.015136.696@NCoast.ORG> davewt@NCoast.ORG (David Wright) writes:
> In article <1991Feb13.210019.3896@sugar.hackercorp.com> peter@sugar.hackercorp.com (Peter da Silva) writes:
> >That's a Small Matter of Programming in "load_script()". Personally, I like
> >the idea of using the Filenote for this (that'd satisfy your "ls" needs)...
> >You could also have the #! string in the filenote (check that first, for
> >speed).

> 	I can tell you that I would refuse to use any program that put/changed
> anything in the filenotes field, and I don't think I am alone.

That's why I said "also". You could continue to use the filenotes if you left
the #! out. If there was no #! (or whatever the magic string was) in the note
then it'd look in the file.
--
Peter da Silva.   `-_-'
<peter@sugar.hackercorp.com>.

gblock@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Gregory R Block) (02/20/91)

From article <1991Feb20.013503.15087@sugar.hackercorp.com>, by peter@sugar.hackercorp.com (Peter da Silva):

> That's why I said "also". You could continue to use the filenotes if you left
> the #! out. If there was no #! (or whatever the magic string was) in the note
> then it'd look in the file.
> --
> Peter da Silva.   `-_-'
> <peter@sugar.hackercorp.com>.

I think not.  I tend to use that, believe it or not.  Sorry, find another.
This in itself is a dead end...  what happens when _I_ use it???  :)  No, it's
a little too restrictive for me, thank you.  I like what we have.  No, it's
not unix.  If I wanted unix, I'd run it.  But I like how it's done now.
							L8r
gblock@csd4.csd.uwm.edu | Amigas, Amigas everywhere, but not a one can think.
----Gregory R Block---- | Where's an AI when you need one?
________________________| A Mac, by any other name, would smell like a lawsuit.

bartonr@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (RTFM) (02/21/91)

In article <1991Feb19.015136.696@NCoast.ORG> (David Wright) writes:
>  I can tell you that I would refuse to use any program that put/changed
> anything in the filenotes field, and I don't think I am alone.

  No, you're certainly not alone.  Just as some things are reserved for the
system, the comment field is left for the user to play with as he sees fit.
Besides, there are still unused, reserved fields in the header block that
could be used for this purpose instead of using the comment.

In article <9653@uwm.edu> gblock@csd4.csd.uwm.edu writes:
> From article <1991Feb20.013503.15087@sugar.hackercorp.com>, by peter@sugar.hackercorp.com (Peter da Silva):
> > That's why I said "also". You could continue to use the filenotes
> > if you left the #! out. If there was no #! (or whatever the magic
> > string was) in the note then it'd look in the file.

> I think not.  I tend to use that, believe it or not.  Sorry, find another.

[etc]

Rhetorical question: did you read what I wrote?

(rhetorical, because the answer is obviously "no")
--
Peter da Silva.   `-_-'
<peter@sugar.hackercorp.com>.