[comp.sys.amiga.advocacy] Official word on educational prices??

(Note that I've crossposted this all over and followups are to
marketplace. I hate being net.cop but this same discussion is
being spread out over three newsgroups so no one ends up seeing
everything. )

In article <27c9a3ed.2cf8@petunia.CalPoly.EDU> nschultz@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Ned W Schultz) writes:

>However...I find it puzzling and annoying that this is the 25th of Feb
>and we have yet to see an official posting about the pricing that may
>have taken effect on Feb 1st.  Even if things are in flux, even if they
>will change in the near future, even if Paul Calkin is busy settling in
>to new responsibilities...Commodore is missing an important opportunity
>to get info out to the poeople who need it.
>
>Someone *must* know the official prices in effect now.  Someone must be
>able to make an official statement as to how long they will last.  Heck,
>some kind soul typed in all the prices for us, so C= doesn't even need
>to do that!  All it would take would be a fairly brief message clearing
>the air with something "official."

	I sent mail to holland@cbmvax.commodore.com (Fred
Holland, in educational marketing) because of all this confusion,
and well, he was confused too.
	THERE HAVE BEEN NO CHANGES TO THE FEB 1 PRICE LIST THAT
WAS POSTED A FEW WEEKS AGO. The new list is in effect. This has
not changed. Paul Calkin has not sent the world into confusion,
just some misinformed salesperson at some dealership. Everything
that was said before, including but not limited to:

1) No CPU/monitor bundles (except for the 500). they are
purchased separately

2) Anyone can purchase peripherals, even without a CPU.

3) The new pricing

4) Paying of taxes

	Are all true.

>So, Paul Calkin, if you are not the person who should do this, could you
>please ask around and find the person who can?  I think we all could
>sell some Amigas for you if we knew the facts...

	Paul Calkin will never read this (I don't think at
least), and neither will any of the other educational folks. They
do not take time out to read usenet. You have to realize that
most people don't read netnews at work on their spare time. I'd
rather see them working, personally.
	Everything has been posted.

>Ned Schultz
>nschultz@polyslo.calpoly.edu