[comp.sys.amiga.advocacy] clipped from a local bbs

jph@ais.org (Joseph Hillenburg) (03/16/91)

This article was clipped from a BBS in Bloomington, Indiana. (Despite what the

From Next-MUG BBS (Soon to be renamed to Tele-MUG. No, they do NOT support
NeXT's)

Subj: BAD NEWS - System 7.0                                            (56/70)
From: Master Martin #1 Last on: 3/8/91
Date: Sat, Mar 2, 1991 5:09:47 PM

    The good news first: It appears Apple is still on track for that May 13
unveiling of System 7.0 mentioned here earlier. (plus I see the developers are
getting their release version now.)

    Now the BAD NEWS: Upgrades to 7.0 _WILL NOT_ be available on electronic
services such as our BBS, CIS, AOL, GENIE, etc., etc. You'll have to go to a
dealer on this one and pay $50 for it. Don't ask me why, I don't know - aside
from the obvious - they want to get some cash-flow out of this one. By all
accounts it will be worth it. It's just that my experience is most dealers
have not
been up to speed on these things. It could take you 4-6 weeks to get your copy
here in B-town.

    \-Martin-/

One user complained about Apple constantly shafting the users, in response to
this post.

--
    // Joseph Hillenburg/Blackwinter, Secretary, Bloomington Amiga Users Group
  \X/    jph@valnet.UUCP       jph@irie.ais.org      jph@wookumz.ai.mit.edu