[comp.sys.amiga.advocacy] Why buy an Amiga?

dac@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au (Andrew Clayton) (03/12/91)

In article <1991Mar07.004452.1738@ddsw1.MCS.COM>, Ben Feen writes:

> I know this really isn't  nice, but... I like IBM's because they break down
> more cleanly.  Ibm's don't GURU - They "Run-time error at ..." and drop to
> dos.

Yeah?

Tell my copy of Microsoft C (V6.00) that!

Tell my copy of Microsoft Windows ('Application Error' - BRS Time!)

Tell my copy of Glockenspiel C++

Sure, fella, IBM's really never require a three finger salute.

Pull the other one. It plays tunes from Jungle Book in 6/4 time, and spins.

:-(

> whos@ddsw1.MCS.COM | I don't know, who's at DDSW1? | whos@ddsw1.MCS.COM!

Amiga's are scads better than IBM's. Trust me.

The only reason I use IBM's (clones) is for work.

Dac
--

jerry@polygen.uucp (Jerry Sheckel) (03/19/91)

dac@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au writes:

>It plays tunes from Jungle Book in 6/4 time, and spins.
>[...]
>Amiga's are scads better than IBM's. Trust me.
>The only reason I use IBM's (clones) is for work.
     ^^^^^^^^^^^                         ^^^^^^^^

I'd buy the computer that lets me get my work done, not the one that plays

--
+-------------------+----------------------+---------------------------------+
| JERRY J. SHEKHEL  | POLYGEN CORPORATION  | When I was young, I had to walk |

galetti@uservx.afwl.af.mil (04/03/91)

In article <1007@stewart.UUCP>, jerry@polygen.uucp (Jerry Sheckel) writes:
> dac@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au writes:
>>
>>It plays tunes from Jungle Book in 6/4 time, and spins.
>>[...]
>>Amiga's are scads better than IBM's. Trust me.
>>The only reason I use IBM's (clones) is for work.
>      ^^^^^^^^^^^                         ^^^^^^^^
>
> I'd buy the computer that lets me get my work done, not the one that plays
> tunes from Jungle Book in 6/4 time and spins.

Well, we HAVE to work.  It's an unfortunate fact of life in our society.
However, we WANT to play with our computers.  I think this person's point is
that he only uses IBMs because he HAS to (i.e.--he has to eat, ya know?)
We use Amigas because we WANT to.  If the company this person worked for had
any brains, they would buy Amigas and make everyone happy.  Of course,
productivity would go way down because of all the wonderful games distracting
everyone from their work!  :-)

>>Dac
>>
> --
> | JERRY J. SHEKHEL  | POLYGEN CORPORATION  | When I was young, I had to walk |
> | Drummers do it... | Waltham, MA USA      | to school and back every day -- |
> |    ... In rhythm! | (617) 890-2175       | 20 miles, uphill both ways.     |
> |           ...! [ princeton mit-eddie bu sunne ] !polygen!jerry             |
> |                            jerry@polygen.com                               |

-Ralph