[comp.sys.amiga.advocacy] Mac's Powerpacker WANTED.

ayrjola@vipunen.hut.fi (Ari Yrj|l{) (04/04/91)

In article <8354@crash.cts.com> jackf@pnet01.cts.com (Jack Fitchett) writes:

>Stuffit for the mac is real good.

Heh.

Ever tried Stuffit on MacIIci?  I have.  Makes you wonder how
slow can they go...;-)

>I believe it's shareware
>and it's opn Genie (I think)  It's not quite like powerpoacker
>more like zip.  Wil that help?

After seeing so much good free/pd/whatever software for amiga
makes me wonder why almost all mac software (what I've seen)
floating around is shareware. Was it $20 for something as sloppy
as Stuffit? Sheesh.

Fortunately there's Stuffit-compatible program named Compactor
(shareware of course ;) which is much quicker, behaves better
under multibrainded...erm multifinder etc.

Dunno if there's anything like Powerpacker for mac.

--
Ari  Yrj|l{       Internet:  ayrjola@hut.fi          /
JMT 3B 231b       BITNET :   LK-AY AT FINHUT        / Money talks -