[comp.sys.amiga.advocacy] Lame Flamage

lasteve@aix01.aix.rpi.edu (Steven D Borrelli) (04/05/91)

Hey, maybe it's time for a reality check here. Why is everyone acting like such losers over different computers?

If you like your computer, then use it. This newsgroup is contantly filled with BS about how the Amiga kicks the shit out of everything from Timex sincliars to Crays. I like the computer, but I don't see this big Amiga revolution coming. Most of Commodore's sales are C64's and A500's. The Video toaster market is a niche market that is getting increasingly competitive.

The amiga has an image problem among the general public (and among more than a few computer people) that I (personal opinion now) don't think it'll over for a while (if it ever does).

Just my opinions.

Steve
lasteve@rpi.edu

rjc@geech.gnu.ai.mit.edu (Ray Cromwell) (04/05/91)

  Why is it always the Amiga users' fault? The majority of these flameage
wars start because of OTHER users coming from c.s.mac/next/atari and
reply to threads that having nothing to do with them.

Example:
  A thread was started on 'The Amiga OS is state of the art.'
  A NeXT user changed the post to 'The Amiga OS is state of the art, but
the NeXT is better...' which had nothing to do with the subject. The NeXT
isn't in the same market as the Amiga.

  Another example was a few months ago when some ST user cross-posted
to the Amiga group. When Amigans responded, he thought they had 'posted' to
his newsgroup. He responded with loads and loads of vulgarity of staying
out of _his_ newsgroup.

 Amigans are at fault some of the time to, but equal blame falls on
BOTH sides of these wars.

 Besides the obvious fact that the Amiga is the greatest computer ever created
:-) , this group was created for flame wars. You don't see people in alt.flame
complaining about the flames in the group. If you don't like it, unsubcribe.

--
/~\_______________________________________________________________________/~\
|n|   rjc@albert.ai.mit.edu   Amiga, the computer for the creative mind.  |n|

swarren@convex.com (Steve Warren) (04/05/91)

In article <ll+g63h@rpi.edu> lasteve@aix01.aix.rpi.edu (Steven D Borrelli) writes:
                                  [...]
>If you like your computer, then use it. This newsgroup is contantly filled
>with BS about how the Amiga kicks the shit out of everything from Timex
>sincliars...blah blah blah...

Hey, if you are tired of reading articles which advocate the Amiga, then
MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T BE READING COMP.SYS.AMIGA.ADVOCACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                              ^^^^^^^^
I am tired of losers who subscribe to comp.sys.amiga.advocacy and then
complain because everyone here thinks that the Amiga is the best.

THAT IS WHAT THIS GROUP IS HERE FOR!  IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, GET LOST!

Or if you want to argue about it, FINE.  We love to do that.   ;^)

Hey, Steven D Borrelli, thanks for more LAME FLAMAGE.

(Sorry for shouting, guys, I just had to get that out of my system)
--

lasteve@aix01.aix.rpi.edu (Steven D Borrelli) (04/05/91)

 I'd like to respond to Mr. Warren about how I shouldn't be reading this group, (and a bunch of other BS the he spews)

I read this newsgroup because I have an interest in the amiga, and I like to hear news about it. If you hadn't noticed, there are aloot of postings that deal with the future path that the computer is taking (expansion, etc). Now call me ignorant, but I thought advocacy meant speaking in FAVOR of, as in speaking in favor of the Amiga computer. It seems that I was getting a little tired of people constantly talking about how bad other computers are. If the purpose of this newsgroup is to let some Amiga jocks

 get hard by belittling other computers, then just send me email , and I'll unsubscribe.

I'd also like to apologise to all that took offense at the notion that I was implicitly accusing Amiga owners of these Flame wars. It is obviously untrue.

I'd rather not waste any more bandwidth on this. If you have something to say to me, my address is posted below.

Steven D Borrelli
lasteve@rpi.edu

P.S. I'm glad some of you like the computer so much. But let's not forget, it's only a computer.