[comp.sys.amiga.advocacy] Amiga 1500

debotton@pilot.njin.net (Leonard Debotton) (04/05/91)

So, how come the 32 bit chipset is 6 years late!!!  :) :)

Just kidding...I've been reading a few articles every once in awhile
regarding an Amiga somewhere between the Amiga 500 & the 2000, so let
me pose a few suggestions...

1. Those PC Tower cases which are advertised every month in Computer
   Shopper seem to be big enough (and cheap enough) that someone could
   probably fit an Amiga 500 motherboard (w/ room to spare) inside one of
   them.

2. Has anyone (yet) put together a zorro II backplane that wuld plug
   onto the Amiga 500's expansion bus?  I'm thinking specifically of
   something that could be used w/ #1, so that you'd effectively have
   an A2000 in a tower case for less money.

So, have any companies done this?  Are any likely to do this?
Is this a bad idea?  Comments...

Len

dtiberio@eeserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (David Tiberio) (04/08/91)

In article <Apr.4.13.25.15.1991.23327@pilot.njin.net> debotton@pilot.njin.net (Leonard Debotton) writes:
>So, how come the 32 bit chipset is 6 years late!!!  :) :)
>
>Just kidding...I've been reading a few articles every once in awhile
>regarding an Amiga somewhere between the Amiga 500 & the 2000, so let
>me pose a few suggestions...
>
>1. Those PC Tower cases which are advertised every month in Computer
>   Shopper seem to be big enough (and cheap enough) that someone could
>   probably fit an Amiga 500 motherboard (w/ room to spare) inside one of
>   them.
>
>2. Has anyone (yet) put together a zorro II backplane that wuld plug
>   onto the Amiga 500's expansion bus?  I'm thinking specifically of
>   something that could be used w/ #1, so that you'd effectively have
>   an A2000 in a tower case for less money.
>
>So, have any companies done this?  Are any likely to do this?
>Is this a bad idea?  Comments...
>
>Len

  There is a new a500 case 0out called Avant, and it is better than the
Bodega Bay. Avant turns the a500 into an a2000 look alike.

David

--
David Tiberio  SUNY Stony Brook 2-3481  AMIGA  DDD-MEN
  -- Any students from SUNY Oswego? Please let me know! :)