[comp.sys.amiga.advocacy] Toaster

steve@wildcat.UUCP (Steve Holland) (02/08/91)

References to the Amiga (esp. the Toaster) are popping up everywhere:
there's one from PC Magazine, an __IBM ONLY__ magazine (Feb 26, pg 83)
in which collumnist John Dvorak wrote "...Whatever the case, the Video
Toaster promises to toast dozens of high-end video gear makers INTO
BANKRUPTCY. Thanks to innovative hardware and 350,000 LINES OF ASSEMBLY
LANGUAGE CODE, it provides about $100,000 worth of power.

----------->Steve Holland<-----------
Internet: wildcat!steve@alfalfa.com  | "To err is human, but to really foul
USENET: ..bu!alphalpha!wildcat!steve |  things up requires a computer."
<if alfalfa doesn't work, try alphalpha>

amgreene@athena.mit.edu (Andrew Marc Greene) (03/06/91)

In article <61774@masscomp.westford.ccur.com>, mark@calvin..westford.ccur.com (Mark Thompson) writes:

|> 5MB is enough to run the switcher, DVE, and the bare bones of Lightwave.
|> To really use the Toaster however requires about 7MB. Without this much
|> memory you will sacrifice motion removal for the frame capture, much
|> of the functionality of Toaster Paint, and all but the most rudimentary
|> images from Lightwave.

I have a Toaster and 5Meg.  It does indeed make ToasterPaint practically
unusable, but motion removal is NOT a problem.

- Andrew Greene

dtiberio@eeserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (David Tiberio) (04/27/91)

--
    David Tiberio  SUNY Stony Brook 2-3481  AMIGA  DDD-MEN  Tomas Arce
           Any students from SUNY Oswego? Please let me know! :)

                   Un ragazzo di Casalbordino, Italia.