[comp.sys.amiga.advocacy] Game Shows

david@starsoft.hou.tx.us (Dave Lowrey) (05/05/91)

I happened to be wandering through the family room the other day, and stopped
to see what the kids were watching.

They were watching some sort of kids "game show" on Nickelodian. They were
at the final "lightning round", where for each correct answer, they get
another prize. The grand prize was a trip to Universal Studios, Florida,
where the Nickelodian studios are located.

The next highest prize was.....an Amiga 500!!!!

Sounds like CBM marketing is starting to catch on!

Dave

These words be mine. The company doesn't care, because I am the company! :-)

      Dave Lowrey        |  david@starsoft.hou.tx.us
Starbound Software Group |
      Houston, TX        | "Dare to be stupid!" -- Weird Al Yankovic

melling@cs.psu.edu (Michael D Mellinger) (05/06/91)

In article <david.0971@starsoft.hou.tx.us> david@starsoft.hou.tx.us (Dave Lowrey) writes:

   They were watching some sort of kids "game show" on Nickelodian. They were
   at the final "lightning round", where for each correct answer, they get
   another prize. The grand prize was a trip to Universal Studios, Florida,
   where the Nickelodian studios are located.

   The next highest prize was.....an Amiga 500!!!!

   Sounds like CBM marketing is starting to catch on!

Yeah baby.  Five years later, and on Nickelodian.  Time to send all
those gloom and doom people who said Commodore wouldn't make it, back
in 1986 their "I was wrong button".

-Mike

nwickham@triton.unm.edu (Neal C. Wickham) (05/06/91)

In article <d#4G_gw*1@cs.psu.edu> melling@cs.psu.edu (Michael D Mellinger) writes:

>In article <david.0971@starsoft.hou.tx.us> david@starsoft.hou.tx.us (Dave Lowrey) writes:
>
>   They were watching some sort of kids "game show" on Nickelodian. They were
>   at the final "lightning round", where for each correct answer, they get
>   another prize. The grand prize was a trip to Universal Studios, Florida,
>   where the Nickelodian studios are located.
>
>   The next highest prize was.....an Amiga 500!!!!
>
>   Sounds like CBM marketing is starting to catch on!
>
>Yeah baby.  Five years later, and on Nickelodian.  Time to send all
>those gloom and doom people who said Commodore wouldn't make it, back
>in 1986 their "I was wrong button".
>
>-Mike

Well....  I can top that.  On 'Hard Copy' the other day, they had a story
of people in the homemade porno business.  When we saw "genius at work in
the control room" reflecting on the virtues and spitiual health of home
porno, there were a couple of C= 1084s clearly visible in the background.

See Mike, you would have a use for the Amiga-Toaster.  You could show the
world just what kind of guy you are!

                                         :)

                                    NCW

gfm@mole.gnu.ai.mit.edu (George) (05/06/91)

In article <d#4G_gw*1@cs.psu.edu> melling@cs.psu.edu (Michael D Mellinger) writes:

>In article <david.0971@starsoft.hou.tx.us> david@starsoft.hou.tx.us (Dave Lowrey) writes:
>
>   They were watching some sort of kids "game show" on Nickelodian. They were
>   at the final "lightning round", where for each correct answer, they get
>   another prize. The grand prize was a trip to Universal Studios, Florida,
>   where the Nickelodian studios are located.
>
>   The next highest prize was.....an Amiga 500!!!!
>
>   Sounds like CBM marketing is starting to catch on!

	If you visit Universal Studios in Florida (I have twice) you may notice an A2000 (Possibly a toaster inside?) sitting inside a little audio room next to the large, rather expensive 'paint boxes' that are what most people use....A paintbox is virtually a computer/genlock....(costs a fortune compared to an Amiga with a Genlock).....

technews@iitmax.iit.edu (Kevin Kadow) (05/06/91)

In article <d#4G_gw*1@cs.psu.edu> melling@cs.psu.edu (Michael D Mellinger) writes:
)
)In article <david.0971@starsoft.hou.tx.us> david@starsoft.hou.tx.us (Dave Lowrey) writes:
)
)
)   Sounds like CBM marketing is starting to catch on!
)
)Yeah baby.  Five years later, and on Nickelodian.  Time to send all
)those gloom and doom people who said Commodore wouldn't make it, back
)in 1986 their "I was wrong button".
)
)-Mike

How many of you are also kicking yourselves for not buying Commodore stock
at $4, less than a year ago, seeing as it`s been up near ~20$ lately???????

I know I am.....   OUCH!
--

technews@iitmax.iit.edu                           kadokev@iitvax (bitnet)
                         My Employer Disagrees.