[comp.sys.amiga.advocacy] please refrain from crossposting to comp.sys.next!

matt@karazm.math.uh.edu (Matt Emerson) (05/08/91)

I just finished reading comp.sys.next, and I discovered that *all* the
messages (5) were cross-posted there from here. Sort of annoying.

c.s.a.advocacy exists to keep flamage out of other newsgroups. So, if
you post here, please make sure that your article doesn't get cross-posted
to six other groups (especially comp.sys.next).

Thanks a lot.
--
Matt Emerson
matt@karazm.math.uh.edu

In article <1991May8.162019.7936@menudo.uh.edu> matt@karazm.math.uh.edu (Matt Emerson) writes:
> I just finished reading comp.sys.next, and I discovered that *all* the
> messages (5) were cross-posted there from here. Sort of annoying.

So create comp.sys.next.advocacy

> c.s.a.advocacy exists to keep flamage out of other newsgroups.

To be precise, out of other comp.sys.amiga groups. And we're sick of NeXT
fanatics coming in and sniping. Worst are the ones who post flames about
the NeXT and the Mac and expect us to respond with something other than
"huh?".

> So, if
> you post here, please make sure that your article doesn't get cross-posted
> to six other groups (especially comp.sys.next).

Fine. Tell all the NeXT fanatics they need to create their own advocacy group.
--
Peter da Silva.   `-_-'
<peter@sugar.hackercorp.com>.

chucks@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Erik Funkenbusch) (05/09/91)

matt@karazm.math.uh.edu (Matt Emerson) writes:
>I just finished reading comp.sys.next, and I discovered that *all* the
>messages (5) were cross-posted there from here. Sort of annoying.
>
>c.s.a.advocacy exists to keep flamage out of other newsgroups. So, if
>you post here, please make sure that your article doesn't get cross-posted
>to six other groups (especially comp.sys.next).
>
>Thanks a lot.
>--
>Matt Emerson
>matt@karazm.math.uh.edu

c.s.a.advocacy is NOT for keeping flamage out of other computers newsgroups,
it's for keeping flamage out of other AMIGA news groups.  if c.s.a.next
doesn't want to read flamage then they should create a c.s.n.advocacy.

| UUCP: {amdahl!tcnet, crash}!orbit!pnet51!chucks | "I know he's come back |
| ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!chucks@nosc.mil        | from the dead, but do  |
| INET: chucks@pnet51.orb.mn.org                  | you really think he's  |
| Amiga programmer at large, employment options   | Lou Diamond Philips in |
| welcome, inquire within.                        | "The First Power".     |