[comp.sys.amiga.advocacy] What is a Workstation

In article <9ad102bc07Ki01@JUTS.ccc.amdahl.com> kls30@DUTS.ccc.amdahl.com (PUT YOUR NAME HERE) writes:
> You are the one who statred with saying that if a machine didn't have VM
> it didn't have a 32bit OS.

Uh-huh.

> My definition of a Workstation is something
> that is not constrained by physical memory.

Uh-huh. So what does it do when you run out of secondary storage? Go
to tape? That's what mainframe operating systems do.

> Which means if it don't have
> VM it ain't a workstation.  You introduce your definitions I'll
> introduce mine.

Alice, pudding... pudding, alice.

OK, say I have an Amiga 3000 with 147 MB of RAM, and you have a NeXT
with 16 MB of RAM and a 30 MB swap file... which is more limited?
--
Peter da Silva.   `-_-'
<peter@sugar.hackercorp.com>.