[comp.sys.amiga.advocacy] Clipboard not really needed

davewt@NCoast.ORG (David Wright) (06/12/91)

In article <mykes.3324@amiga0.SF-Bay.ORG> mykes@amiga0.SF-Bay.ORG (Mike Schwartz) writes:
>The ClipBoard was necessary on the Mac before multifinder.  Since the Amiga
>came with a better multifinder from day one, it really hasn't been needed,
>nor really missed.  There are a few applications that support the clipboard,
>but I haven't had a need to use that support.  I'm satisfied to save out a
>temporary file in ram disk to do my importing.

	And if you have any of the easily available "pipe" devices,
you don't even have to use a RAM disk. I frequently just do a
"save pipe:foobar" in one application and do a "read pipe:foobar" in the
other application. I don't see how that is really any less easy, plus it
gives you time to do other things like pipe it through a tee, and even more
importantly, there is no worry about "losing" what is in the clipboard
because you just cut something else.

			Dave