[comp.sys.amiga.advocacy] We know NeXT owners and Mac owners read...what about?

manes@vger.nsu.edu ((Mark D. Manes), Norfolk State University) (06/10/91)

I find it interesting the number of outside dwellers that read
comp.sys.amiga.advocacy.  We have been treated to a ton of NeXT postings,
and now we are getting to see the rare inside view of the Mac.

I am curious what else is there?  As Captain Picard says "Lets see what's
out there.. " and so here goes.

The Amiga outperforms every Timex Sinclair ever created....
The Amiga outperforms the Radio Shack Color Computer 1,2 and 3!
The Amiga outperforms the Coleco Adam!
The Amiga outperforms the TI/99 4a!
The Amiga outperforms the Radio Shack Model 100!
The Amiga outperforms the Apple II series (all of them!)
The Amiga outperforms the Cray XMP-1.
The Amiga outperforms the Sega Genesis machine.

Now, would the owners of each of these systems please step up and
draw your sword.  It's time to defend your choice!

I love comp.sys.amiga.advocacy, it gives Marc a place to post.  It
gives the 'Amiga is wonderful' crowd a place.

Me?  I am confident the Amiga is the best.  Let the other machine owners
drown in their sorrows.

 -mark=

 +--------+   ==================================================
 | \/     |   Mark D. Manes   "The Most lopsided deal since ..."
 | /\  \/ |   manes@vger.nsu.edu
 |     /  |   (804) 683-2532    "Make up your own mind! - AMIGA"
 +--------+   ==================================================
 "I protest Captain!  I am not a merry man!" - Lt. Worf

rknop@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Robert Andrew Knop) (06/11/91)

manes@vger.nsu.edu ((Mark D. Manes), Norfolk State University) writes:

>I am curious what else is there?  As Captain Picard says "Lets see what's
>out there.. " and so here goes.

[List of irrelevant computers deleted...]

>Now, would the owners of each of these systems please step up and
>draw your sword.  It's time to defend your choice!

I, for one, am personally offended that you didn't mention the Commodore
64, or at the very least the cover of it's manual.

-Rob Knop
rknop@tybalt.caltech.edu

civir1070@ucsvax.sdsu.edu (FURRY R) (06/11/91)

In article <1991Jun11.024649.25130@nntp-server.caltech.edu>, rknop@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Robert Andrew Knop) writes...
>manes@vger.nsu.edu ((Mark D. Manes), Norfolk State University) writes:
>
>>I am curious what else is there?  As Captain Picard says "Lets see what's
>>out there.. " and so here goes.
>
>[List of irrelevant computers deleted...]
>
>I, for one, am personally offended that you didn't mention the Commodore
>64, or at the very least the cover of it's manual.

What about the VIC20?  Just because it has only 22 columns...

/ |CIVIR1070@ucsvax.sdsu.edu| Q: Is there a UNIX FORTRAN optomizer? \
\ |    Scott Ellis          | A: Yeah, "rm *.f"    _                /
/ |_________________________|                   _ // Amiga          \
\_______________________________________________\X/_________________/

manes@vger.nsu.edu ((Mark D. Manes), Norfolk State University) (06/11/91)

In article <1991Jun11.024649.25130@nntp-server.caltech.edu>, rknop@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Robert Andrew Knop) writes:
> manes@vger.nsu.edu ((Mark D. Manes), Norfolk State University) writes:
>
>>I am curious what else is there?  As Captain Picard says "Lets see what's
>>out there.. " and so here goes.
>
> [List of irrelevant computers deleted...]
>
>>Now, would the owners of each of these systems please step up and
>>draw your sword.  It's time to defend your choice!
>
> I, for one, am personally offended that you didn't mention the Commodore
> 64, or at the very least the cover of it's manual.

Well you see it is clear that Amiga marketing has been so effective that
the world has forgotten the existance of the c64, and so should you!

I do think that the manual cover should be mentioned, so here it goes.

The Amiga outperforms the manual cover of both the c64 and the NeXT..

<whooops!>

> -Rob Knop
> rknop@tybalt.caltech.edu

 -mark=

 +--------+   ==================================================

mike@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG (Mike Smithwick) (06/13/91)

In article <1991Jun11.024649.25130@nntp-server.caltech.edu>, rknop@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Robert Andrew Knop) writes:
> manes@vger.nsu.edu ((Mark D. Manes), Norfolk State University) writes:
>
>>I am curious what else is there?  As Captain Picard says "Lets see what's
>>out there.. " and so here goes.
>
> [List of irrelevant computers deleted...]
>
>>Now, would the owners of each of these systems please step up and
>>draw your sword.  It's time to defend your choice!
>
> I, for one, am personally offended that you didn't mention the Commodore
> 64, or at the very least the cover of it's manual.

You also forgot to list the DigiComp 1. Now that was a fine little 3-bit
computer for its time. I did get tired of having to replace those tiny
rubber bands though. At least the Amiga doesn't use rubber bands.

mike

--
"There is no problem too big that can't be solved with high explosives"-Rush

Mike Smithwick - ames!zorch!mike