[comp.sys.amiga.advocacy] Window switching

jet@karazm.math.uh.edu (J Eric Townsend) (06/17/91)

In article <1991Jun16.040300.17455@sugar.hackercorp.com> peter@sugar.hackercorp.com (Peter da Silva) writes:
>I have. Gorgeous graphics. But they're about as responsive as a deaf cat. When
>I want to switch to another window I want it *now*, not after every app on
>the screen has been scheduled, cleaned up its damage list, done its
>housekeeping, and so on.

No joke.  My 25Mhz 030 A3000 switches windows faster than my
SparcStation-2 (20+ MIPS, 3+ MFLOPS) under X11R4.  However, SunView, which
has hard-core kernal support, is as fast one window switching.  This wasn't
the case on my SparcStation-1, however.

Oh well.  It still blows the doors off Windows...

--
J. Eric Townsend - jet@uh.edu - bitnet: jet@UHOU - vox: (713) 749-2126
Skate UNIX! (curb fault: skater dumped)

   --  If you're hacking PowerGloves and Amigas, drop me a line. --