[comp.sys.amiga.advocacy] Amiga Spotted in 'City Slickers'

jeremym@chopin.udel.edu (Jeremy A Moskowitz) (06/08/91)

Take a look over Billy Crystal's shoulder when his boss
tells him that he needs him to check with him before
any commercials fly. Yep! An Amiga 1000. Musta gotten
those thru the power-up deal... :-)

<hehe>

--
E Pluribus //  Contacts: jeremym@brahms.udel.edu or jeremym@chopin.udel.edu or
  Unix    //		 jeremym@freezer.acs.udel.edu -amiga clasic 2000-

perrier@pvi.UUCP (Perry A. Branch) (06/10/91)

In article <17257@chopin.udel.edu> jeremym@chopin.udel.edu (Jeremy A Moskowitz) writes:
>Take a look over Billy Crystal's shoulder when his boss tells him that he
>needs him to check with him before any commercials fly. Yep! An Amiga 1000.

I wondered why in the credits they thank Commadore-Amiga...  Now I know!

Ya Gotta luv it.  I wonder where else the Amiga was used?

perrier
--
 ___  ___  ___   ___  _  _  P.A.Branch - Engineer I        boulder!pvi!perrier
(  o)(  _)(  o) (  o)( \/ ) --------------------------------------------------

bret@orac.UUCP (Bret Indrelee) (06/12/91)

In article <17257@chopin.udel.edu> jeremym@chopin.udel.edu (Jeremy A Moskowitz) writes:
>Take a look over Billy Crystal's shoulder when his boss
>tells him that he needs him to check with him before
>any commercials fly. Yep! An Amiga 1000. Musta gotten
>those thru the power-up deal... :-)
>
><hehe>

Or left over from the multitude of TV and movie productions using A1000s,
such as Max Headroom.

-Bret

Bret Indrelee		|	Our mail is still somewhat unreliable.  Sorry.
uunet.uu.net!cs.umn.edu!kksys!edgar!orac!bret		-And still trying

aru@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Sri-Man) (06/14/91)

In article <370@orac.UUCP> bret@orac.UUCP (Bret Indrelee) writes:
>In article <17257@chopin.udel.edu> jeremym@chopin.udel.edu (Jeremy A Moskowitz) writes:
>>Take a look over Billy Crystal's shoulder when his boss
>>tells him that he needs him to check with him before
>>any commercials fly. Yep! An Amiga 1000. Musta gotten
>>those thru the power-up deal... :-)

I saw an Amiga clearly in a movie called Robot Ninja.  Can't say much for the
movie, I think that movie more or less insulted the Amiga, by showing the
computer on the screen. :-)

	Sri

dusek@motcid.UUCP (James P. Dusek) (06/14/91)

	Wasn't there an A500 on the set of ALF? I could have sworn there
was one in the back area, not really visable.

					-J.Dusek-

steve@wildcat.UUCP (Steve Holland) (06/17/91)

>In article <788@pvi.UUCP> perrier@pvi.UUCP (Perry A. Branch) writes:
>In article <17257@chopin.udel.edu> jeremym@chopin.udel.edu (Jeremy A Moskowitz) writes:
>>Take a look over Billy Crystal's shoulder when his boss tells him that he
>>needs him to check with him before any commercials fly. Yep! An Amiga 1000.

   There's yet another reason for this: When TV series are made on a
relatively low budget, it is recorded directly to 1 inch videotape, unlike
the film used for movies. For most other computers, when you point your
production camera at the screen, you get HUGE amounts of flickering.
When you point your camera at an Amiga screen, a horizontal bar moves
slowly down the screen. Even this can be avoided by plugging in a good
quality genlock like the SuperGen and syncing it to the production
equipment. Also, the Amiga video output can then easily be attached to one
of the production switcher's inputs.

 Internet: wildcat!steve@alphalpha.com| "I never let my schooling get in the
 USENET:  ...!alphalpha!wildcat!steve | way of my education" -Mark Twain