[comp.sys.amiga.advocacy] Call for votes on Windows

smp@myamiga.UUCP (Steven M. Palm) (06/27/91)

How many of you would like to see Windows in all it's glory on the Amiga?

I had heard before that MicroSoft was going to try and get it running on
every system... :-)

--
 /-----------------+--------------------------+-----------------------------\
| smp@myamiga.UUCP |  myamiga!smp@fps.mcw.edu |  rutgers!uwm!fps!myamiga!smp |

lindblad@cc.helsinki.fi (06/28/91)

In article <5338@myamiga.UUCP>, smp@myamiga.UUCP (Steven M. Palm) writes:
> How many of you would like to see Windows in all it's glory on the Amiga?
>
> I had heard before that MicroSoft was going to try and get it running on
> every system... :-)

Why I'm laughing...Wb2.0 beats Windows just like Amiga beats Vic-20.

--
Jarkko Lindblad
lindblad@cc.helsinki.fi

In article <5338@myamiga.UUCP> smp@myamiga.UUCP (Steven M. Palm) writes:
>How many of you would like to see Windows in all it's glory on the Amiga?
>
>I had heard before that MicroSoft was going to try and get it running on
>every system... :-)

	I wouldn't mind a library that took MS Windows calls and
converted them to AmigaDOS calls, but I think that Windows has a
lot of implementing in it that can't be duplicated easily.
Anything that will facilitate porting of programs. 8-)
	-- Ethan

FF buckets of bits on the bus,	FF buckets of bits.
Take one down,			Short it to ground,
FE buckets of bits on the bus.

gblock@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Gregory R Block) (06/28/91)

From article <5338@myamiga.UUCP>, by smp@myamiga.UUCP (Steven M. Palm):
> How many of you would like to see Windows in all it's glory on the Amiga?

Not to be impolite, but... I would rather be forced to eat certain
parts of my anatomy...  :)

Windows is a dog, and I don't think that most people want to buy a
3000 to run it at half-speed.  :)

Greg
--
Socrates:  "I drank WHAT????"
LMFAP:  "Next time you see me, it won't be me."

jbickers@templar.actrix.gen.nz (John Bickers) (06/28/91)

Quoted from <5338@myamiga.UUCP> by smp@myamiga.UUCP (Steven M. Palm):
> How many of you would like to see Windows in all it's glory on the Amiga?

    If you mean as a series of screen dumps, to be displayed with a
    slideshow program, fine. :)

    Otherwise no.

> | smp@myamiga.UUCP |  myamiga!smp@fps.mcw.edu |  rutgers!uwm!fps!myamiga!smp |
--
*** John Bickers, TAP, NZAmigaUG.        jbickers@templar.actrix.gen.nz ***
***         "Endless variations, make it all seem new" - Devo.          ***

nguyent@balboa.eng.uci.edu (Thien Nguyen) (06/29/91)

In article <4913.tnews@templar.actrix.gen.nz> jbickers@templar.actrix.gen.nz (John Bickers) writes:
>Quoted from <5338@myamiga.UUCP> by smp@myamiga.UUCP (Steven M. Palm):
>> How many of you would like to see Windows in all it's glory on the Amiga?
>
>    If you mean as a series of screen dumps, to be displayed with a
>    slideshow program, fine. :)
>
>    Otherwise no.
>
>> | smp@myamiga.UUCP |  myamiga!smp@fps.mcw.edu |  rutgers!uwm!fps!myamiga!smp |
>--
>*** John Bickers, TAP, NZAmigaUG.        jbickers@templar.actrix.gen.nz ***
>***         "Endless variations, make it all seem new" - Devo.          ***

I wouldn't mind running Windows Applications.  I think it will sell some
Amigas.  There are many good programs on Windows such as Page Maker 4.0,
Microsoft Word, etc...