[comp.sys.amiga.advocacy] Improving the image of the Amiga: warm fuzzies...

peter@Sugar.NeoSoft.com (Peter da Silva) (06/29/91)

In article <1991Jun29.005127.17803@grebyn.com> ckp@grebyn.com (Checkpoint Technologies) writes:
> I think the Amiga should be verbose about it's startup self tests. Sure
> there are the screen colors, but some text that exclaims:
>    "Testing CPU...Custom Chips...Chip RAM...Expansion devices...OK"
> would give me a warm fuzzy feeling, even if I didn't know what chip
> RAM was. (Commodore: consider this a request for KS 2.1, OK?)

YES! And get rid of the "cute" GURU message. I don't mean delete it, but
replace it with something like:

   | Non-recoverable error: Memory Corruption Detected                       |
   | The Amiga operating system has detected a problem: some software you    |
   | are using appears to have accidentally damaged system data structures   |
   | and it is not safe to continue running it. Please hit the left mouse    |
   | button to reboot. For diagnostic purposes, if this problem persists,    |
   | please make a note of the following code number: 81000005.007E6759      |

At least put a description of the screen colors in "Using the System Software"!
--
Peter da Silva.   `-_-'   <peter@sugar.neosoft.com>.
                   'U`    "Have you hugged your wolf today?"