[comp.sys.amiga.advocacy] A quiet question in Dave's ear

baxter_a@wehi.dn.mu.oz (06/29/91)

A quiet question to Dave,

Given that you only work on high end stuff, are you being kept busy
at the moment?

Regards Alan

rblewitt@sdcc6.ucsd.edu (Richard Blewitt) (06/30/91)

In article <1991Jun28.235416.24643@wehi.dn.mu.oz> baxter_a@wehi.dn.mu.oz writes:
>A quiet question to Dave,
>
>Given that you only work on high end stuff, are you being kept busy
>at the moment?

Now you wouldn't want him to get the axe for violating nondisclosure
rules would you.  For instance, I would never expect him to answer a
question like: "What size SRAM cashe are you putting in the 3640?"
However, peraps he could answer this question:
 " If you were to design an 040 board for the 3000, what would be
the optimal size cashe? "

BTW, I think this thread really belongs in
comp.sys.amiga.hardware.daveh.please_bend(break)_nondisclosure  :)

_____________________________.sig____________________________________
The generic .sig          Rick Blewitt     rblewitt@ucsd.edu

rkushner@sycom.UUCP (Ronald Kushner) (06/30/91)

baxter_a@wehi.dn.mu.oz writes:
>A quiet question to Dave,
>
>Given that you only work on high end stuff, are you being kept busy
>at the moment?

And if you are busy, and results are positive, will it stymie -MB- for
awhile, even if it is only for this -> <- long ;-)

-- C-UseNet V0.42f
 Ronald Kushner                          Life in Hell BBS  +1 (313) 939-6666
 P.O. Box 353                               14400 USR HST V.42 & V.42bis
 Sterling Heights, MI  48311-0353              Complete Amiga Support
 UUCP: uunet!umich!vela!sycom!rkushner     (We are not satanic, just NUTS!)
               People don't plan to fail, they fail to plan.

barrett@iastate.edu (Barrett Marc N) (06/30/91)

In article <rkushner.4279@sycom.UUCP> rkushner@sycom.UUCP (Ronald Kushner) writes:
>baxter_a@wehi.dn.mu.oz writes:
>>A quiet question to Dave,
>>
>>Given that you only work on high end stuff, are you being kept busy
>>at the moment?

   I do not think Dave Haynie nly works on high-end stuff.  For one thing,
he was one of the primary designers behind the Amiga 500.  Secondly, since
Dave is a designer of computer architectures, and since all new systems
(including low-end ones) often require new or revised architrctures, I
don't think Commodore can afford to restrict him to just the high-end stuff.

>And if you are busy, and results are positive, will it stymie -MB- for
>awhile, even if it is only for this -> <- long ;-)

   It will take quite a lot to stymie me, at least as far as new Amiga
developments are concerned.

 / Marc Barrett  -MB- | BITNET:   taab5@isuvax.bitnet   /
/  ISU COM S Student  | Internet: barrett@iastate.edu  /