[comp.sys.amiga.advocacy] What Commodore did *RIGHT*

kdarling@hobbes.catt.ncsu.edu (Kevin Darling) (06/28/91)

Well. Hmm.  All of this "they should do this" and "they should've done that"
gets a bit old after the umpteenth time around, doesn't it?  :-)

However, several managers at CBM do read these groups, and I'd bet that
some of the prevailing views, at least, have gotten their attention.

So.  How about a "they did THIS right" thread, so they'll know those too?

I'll start:  The FedEx and home repair programs.  They help to alleviate
owners' worries about far away repair centers, and they're also a good
business practice.  And they show some concern for CBM customers.

Others?  (it'd also be nice if people didn't flame what others think
is a "right" thing, but .... )      cheers - kev <kdarling@catt.ncsu.edu>

mlgy@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (06/29/91)

In article <1991Jun28.063332.8492@ncsu.edu>,
kdarling@hobbes.catt.ncsu.edu (Kevin Darling) writes:
> So.  How about a "they did THIS right" thread, so they'll know those too?
>
> I'll start:  The FedEx and home repair programs.  They help to alleviate
> owners' worries about far away repair centers, and they're also a good
> business practice.  And they show some concern for CBM customers.
>
> Others?

I think C= has done more things right in the past year and a half or
so than they have ever done before:

Educational Discounts - YES!!!!  (I know at least 4 people who
bought systems under ed. discounts that wouldn't have bought
Amigas otherwise.)

Power-Up Program - GREAT!!! What other C= offers you a deal like this?

A3000, A3000-UX series.  WB 2.0 (I know its not out yet for machines
besides the A300 but it will be a big plus once it is.)

In short, sure C= has some problems but I've seen more improvememnt
recently than I have in a long time.

					- Chris

lmbailey@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Laurana Bailey) (06/30/91)

In article <1991Jun28.063332.8492@ncsu.edu> kdarling@hobbes.catt.ncsu.edu (Kevin Darling) writes:
| Well. Hmm.  All of this "they should do this" and "they should've done that"
| gets a bit old after the umpteenth time around, doesn't it?  :-)
|
| However, several managers at CBM do read these groups, and I'd bet that
| some of the prevailing views, at least, have gotten their attention.
|
| So.  How about a "they did THIS right" thread, so they'll know those too?
|
| I'll start:  The FedEx and home repair programs.  They help to alleviate
| owners' worries about far away repair centers, and they're also a good
| business practice.  And they show some concern for CBM customers.

I can agree with that. Even though my machine is out of warranty at
least it will be there when (if) I am able to afford an A3000.

| Others?  (it'd also be nice if people didn't flame what others think
| is a "right" thing, but .... )      cheers - kev <kdarling@catt.ncsu.edu>

I actually thinking trying to move the A500 via the mass-market is a
good idea. Get something in on the ground floor and you'll get the
others in via association once they learn what it can do.

Laurana

--
|Just another lemming...        | Yet another Amiga maniac set loose   |