[comp.sys.amiga.marketplace] Ram varieties

zerkle@iris.ucdavis.edu (Dan Zerkle) (01/20/91)

In article <55065@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> v102pvxb@ubvmsa.cc.buffalo.edu writes:
>I beleive you still got ripped of, pick up a computer shopper, the december
>1990 has them advertised for $4.35 at 100ns, seeing that 80 ns is totaly
>useless on the amiga, that is a better price

This last message had a new subject line and no included text.  I'm
assuming it is a refutation of the recommendation of BJS electronics
at $6.50/chip.

First of all, I just read a message that said they lowered their
prices again, to $4.50 or something, which is a ridiculously low
price.  I may actually buy some, for just $36 a megabyte!!

Second of all, the 3000 NEEDS 80ns RAM.  Also, if you look closely,
you should check to make sure the computer shopper is advertising
static column ram (SCRAMs), and that it is in ZIP format.  If not, you
can expect lower prices, and you can expect it won't work as well on
the 3000.

           Dan Zerkle  zerkle@iris.eecs.ucdavis.edu  (916) 754-0240
           Amiga...  Because life is too short for boring computers.