[comp.sys.amiga.marketplace] Wanted, Hard Drive & SCSI Controller

riesermc@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Mike Rieser) (01/21/91)

I have a 2000 rev 4.1 with an XT-Bridgeboard with two 30MB RLL drives.
I also have the SupraRAM (2MB) board with soon to be 6MB.
One of the drives is a little flakey, and the whole thing is entirely
too slow (data transfers of 32KB/sec). I am sick of this setup.

I would like a fast dependable drive and SCSI controller combo.
I'm a graduating CS major, and will want Unix in the future.

I have been told the setup I want is C= 2091 controller and a Quantum drive.
The C= controller because I was told its the only one Unix will support.
Doesn't make much sense though since I already have the RAM board.
The Quantum because they are dependable and fast. I've seen too many of my
friend's Seagate drives freeze up, no thanks.

I have about $550 to spend. I will buy used, but I don't want anymore headaches.
I would like at least 60MB, more like 80MB, I have a line on Miniscribe 330MB
drives for $900, but I just can't afford one.

I want recommendations on controllers, hard drives, and mail-order companies.
Is the GVP series II an improvement?  Worth looking at?

Thanks for the info in advance,
Mike

rahst7@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Russell A Howard) (01/23/91)

Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.marketplace
Subject: Amiga 2000 system for sale

I am selling my Amiga 2000 system.  It includes:

  Amiga 2000 (1.3 ROM, 3MB RAM total)
  1084 Color Monitor
  2nd Internal Disk Drive
  Segate ST296-N 80MB Hard Disk Drive (28ms)
  GVP Impact-2 Hard Drive Controller (populated with 2MB RAM)

I am also including the software that's ont he hard drive.

A small list of it includes:

  DPaint III
  DigiPaint 3
  AMAX 1.0 (Amiga Macintoch Emulator)
  WordPerfect v 4.1
  ImageLink
  Bandit Kings of Ancient China

I am asking for a total price of around $1750.  I am also willing to
sell pieces of the system, but I will wait until every piece of the system
is to be sold before I sell a piece.  The prices seperatly are:

  Amiga 2000 + 2nd Internal Drive = $1000
  Hard Drive & Controller         = $600
  Monitor                         = $150

Of course these prices and the price of the whole system are open for
discussion.  If you have an offer, make it and it will be considered.  I can
be reached by phone at (412) 683-7999.

--
Russ Howard
rahst7@unix.cis.pitt.edu