[comp.sys.amiga.marketplace] Commodore's new mgmt

Jarrod.Karau@f55.n282.z1.fidonet.org (Jarrod Karau) (01/28/91)

I have hearddisturbing stuff coming from a person close to commodore
about changes that are/may happen due to the new management with
copperman gone.

1. AMiga educational sales will be halted, no more education deals.

2. They will start discriminating against small dealers(they will
bundle equipment in larger numbers...if you want a 500 for a
customer you can only get 500's in bundles of 10)

3.  They will eliminate dealers at a certain profit/sales number.

 Has anyone else heard of this?  My only thought is that if they are
true commodore is forever gone in the computer industry.

--
Jarrod Karau - via The Minnesota Macintosh Users Group UUCP-Fido Gateway
UUCP: ...uunet!tcnet!kksys!edgar!mmug!55!Jarrod.Karau

bruce@zuhause.MN.ORG (Bruce Albrecht) (01/28/91)

>In article <0.27A39EAE@mmug.mn.org> Jarrod.Karau@f55.n282.z1.fidonet.org (Jarrod Karau) writes:
>I have hearddisturbing stuff coming from a person close to commodore
>about changes that are/may happen due to the new management with
>copperman gone.
[ deleted, no idea ]
>3.  They will eliminate dealers at a certain profit/sales number.
>
> Has anyone else heard of this?  My only thought is that if they are
>true commodore is forever gone in the computer industry.

Commodore is supposedly starting a new dealer program for new dealers that
can't afford the line of credit and large initial purchase.  There would still
be a minimum purchase of $2500 by the dealer for any order, but I believe that's
the current minimum anyway.
--

bruce@zuhause.mn.org

In article <0.27A39EAE@mmug.mn.org> Jarrod.Karau@f55.n282.z1.fidonet.org (Jarrod Karau) writes:
>I have hearddisturbing stuff coming from a person close to commodore
>about changes that are/may happen due to the new management with
>copperman gone.
>
>1. AMiga educational sales will be halted, no more education deals.

	If this is true than no one in the educational sales
department knows anything about it! HIGHLY unlikely.

>2. They will start discriminating against small dealers(they will
>bundle equipment in larger numbers...if you want a 500 for a
>customer you can only get 500's in bundles of 10)
>
>3.  They will eliminate dealers at a certain profit/sales number.

	Don't know about these two (sounds more like one).

> Has anyone else heard of this?  My only thought is that if they are
>true commodore is forever gone in the computer industry.

	I see no evidence to assume that Commodore is about to do
anything outright stupid. Commodore is well aware that their
dealer situation is bad enough as is and doesn't need to be made
worse.

>--
>Jarrod Karau - via The Minnesota Macintosh Users Group UUCP-Fido Gateway
                    -----------------------------------
	Scuse me?

>UUCP: ...uunet!tcnet!kksys!edgar!mmug!55!Jarrod.Karau
>INET: Jarrod.Karau@f55.n282.z1.fidonet.org

	-- Ethan

Why do the Reagans always fly together?

Because if they flew separately, and one crashed, the other would
have to talk to the children.

diamond@cbmvax.commodore.com (Howard Diamond - Ed Marketing) (01/29/91)

In article <0.27A39EAE@mmug.mn.org> Jarrod.Karau@f55.n282.z1.fidonet.org (Jarrod Karau) writes:
>I have hearddisturbing stuff coming from a person close to commodore
>about changes that are/may happen due to the new management with
>copperman gone.
>
>1. AMiga educational sales will be halted, no more education deals.

I will comment on this point...  The Education program is still alive and well.

There will be some changes announced this week, but all for the better, in my
biased opinion.  There apparently is some confusion because we recently
confirmed to the dealers the end of the "transition" program.  It was always
scheduled to end now... and all that means is that all the dealers can still
participate in the Education program, until they are contacted by their account
exec and told whether they have been selected as an "Education" dealer.  We
said when the program was rolled out last year that during the transition
period, any dealer who wanted to be in the program could, but that eventaually,
(ie, now) we would decide which dealers performed at a level which would
indicate that they should continue as Ed dealers.  If a dealer has been doing a
good job with the program, they should have nothing to worry about.

>Jarrod Karau - via The Minnesota Macintosh Users Group UUCP-Fido Gateway
>UUCP: ...uunet!tcnet!kksys!edgar!mmug!55!Jarrod.Karau
>INET: Jarrod.Karau@f55.n282.z1.fidonet.org

--

Howard S. Diamond  Director of Education, Commodore Business Machines
1200 Wilson Drive West Chester, Pa, 19380