[comp.sys.amiga.marketplace] Developer vs. Ed pricing

swansonc@acc.stolaf.edu (Chris Swanson) (04/08/91)

With the changes in the educational pricing scheme at CBM, is it a
better deal to get developer or educational pricing?

	-Chris

--
Chris Swanson, Chem/CS/Pre-med Undergrad, St. Olaf College, Northfield,MN 55057
 DDN: (CDS6)   INTERNET:  swansonc@acc.stolaf.edu  UUCP: uunet!stolaf!swansonc

greg@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Greg Harp) (04/09/91)

In article <SWANSONC.91Apr7143328@grendel1.acc.stolaf.edu>
  swansonc@acc.stolaf.edu (Chris Swanson) writes:

>With the changes in the educational pricing scheme at CBM, is it a
>better deal to get developer or educational pricing?

[Ahem.]  ...assuming you're planning on actually doing Amiga development and
not just trying to get a discount on hardware... :)  Besides, developers
aren't allowed to comment on proprietary info, and I consider the price lists
to be just that.  (Of course, the word "CONFIDENTIAL" at the top of the list
helps me come to that conclusion. :) )

IMNSHO, C= should start requiring regular reports from developers on what they
are doing.  I know they appreciate it when you keep them up to date, but maybe
they should start filtering the real developers from the freeloaders.  Of
course, that would add a lot of paperwork on C='s part, but they don't _have_
to actually read it then, do they? :)

[Gee, while I'm thinking about it I had better make a note to send in a
summary of my work one of these days... :) ]

I will say one thing:  The educational prices are superb.  If you ever plan on
buying equipment from C= do it while you can take advantage of these prices.

>	-Chris

Greg
--
       Greg Harp       |"How I wish, how I wish you were here.  We're just two
greg@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu|running over the same ground.  What have we found?
  s609@cs.utexas.edu   |The same old fears.  Wish you were here." - Pink Floyd