[comp.sys.amiga.marketplace] The price of 256kx4 Drams

C506634@UMCVMB.missouri.edu (Eric Edwards) (04/29/91)

What's the best price everybody has seen on 256kx4 Drams?

I've seen them at $5.50 each ($44/meg)

I can get 1 meg x 8 Simms for $40

I find it a little hard to beleive that Simms are cheaper than Dips.

Eric Edwards: c506634 @    "The 3090.  Proof that by applying state of the
Inet: umcvmb.missouri.edu   art technology to an obsolete architecture,
Bitnet: umcvmb.bitnet       one can achieve mediocre performance."

judge@alchemy.tcnet.ithaca.ny.us (rory toma) (05/03/91)

C506634@UMCVMB.missouri.edu (Eric Edwards) writes:

> What's the best price everybody has seen on 256kx4 Drams?
>
> I've seen them at $5.50 each ($44/meg)
>
> I can get 1 meg x 8 Simms for $40
>
> I find it a little hard to beleive that Simms are cheaper than Dips.
>
> Eric Edwards: c506634 @    "The 3090.  Proof that by applying state of the
> Inet: umcvmb.missouri.edu   art technology to an obsolete architecture,
> Bitnet: umcvmb.bitnet       one can achieve mediocre performance."

Yeah - but you can't use 'em in the 3000. It's the same logic that puts
20 Mhz 68881's cheaper than 16 Mhz ones. Go figure.

rory