[comp.sys.amiga.marketplace] Need a manual cover?

bpv9073@sjfc.UUCP (Brett VanSprewenburg) (05/11/91)

[I shot the line eater]

Ok, folks with all the talk about the C= power up program, I have heard many
different schemes for people attempting to take [maybe] an unfair
advantage of it. This is my contribution to that. :-) :-)

We all know that in order for anyone to take part in the great program that
C= has offered the masses, thou shalt wield a manual cover from a previous
C= machine. Well, what if you don't have one? Out in the cold? No, I say!
Here's my idea.

Ok, I have, if anyone at all is interested in this kind of thing:

2 C-64's
1 VIC 20

(I've been a Commodore man for YEARS)
With these machines, I naturally have the manuals. (I think you see where
this is going ;-) )  Would anyone like to buy the covers (or one) from me
for a resonable price to take part in the holy Power Up program?

Well thought crititism of my plan might be read, flames get round filed.
(I mean, am I _way_ out of line with this idea?)

Thanks for listening.

==Brett

bobl@graphics.rent.com (Bob Lindabury - SysAdm) (05/12/91)

bpv9073@sjfc.UUCP (Brett VanSprewenburg) writes:

> We all know that in order for anyone to take part in the great program that
> C= has offered the masses, thou shalt wield a manual cover from a previous
> C= machine. Well, what if you don't have one? Out in the cold? No, I say!
> Here's my idea.
>
> Ok, I have, if anyone at all is interested in this kind of thing:

> 2 C-64's
> 1 VIC 20
>
> (I've been a Commodore man for YEARS)
> With these machines, I naturally have the manuals. (I think you see where
> this is going ;-) )  Would anyone like to buy the covers (or one) from me
> for a resonable price to take part in the holy Power Up program?

I suggest that if you are serious you ask for a reasonably high price
for the covers.  Basically the amount of discount a person gets with
the power-up deal is between 1000 and 1500 dollars.  If you want to
do your covers justice, sell them for over $500.00 a piece.  Even at
that price, people are making out quite well.

-- Bob

PS: Do I really need to put a <grin> in these messages...?

 The Graphics BBS  908/469-0049  "It's better than a sharp stick in the eye!"
  InterNet: bobl@graphics.rent.com                | Raven Enterprises
      UUCP: ...rutgers!bobsbox!graphics!bobl      | 25 Raven Avenue
    BitNet: bobl%graphics.rent.com@pucc           | Piscataway, NJ 08854
    Home #: 908/560-7353                          | 908/271-8878