[comp.sys.amiga.marketplace] Trackballs for sale!!!

al885@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Gerard Pinzone) (05/15/91)

I am selling genuine Atari trackballs that have been modified for use with
the Atari ST or Amiga computers. They work exactly as a mouse and are
available for a limited time. These are NOT the bulky 2600 models. These
are smaller and have superior buttons to the 2600 version.

For a standard trackball (left mouse button only): $25

For a trackball plus (left and right mouse buttons and a 9 foot cord): $35

Both trackballs are totally compatable with the Atari ST or Amiga mouse.
Please specify if you want it for the ST or Amiga if you plan to order.

Please include $5 for postage and handling for each order.

If you are definately going to order, please let me know ahead of time
so I can process your order more quickly.
--
Just on the border of your waking mind, there lies another time, where darkness
and light are one. And as you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be

ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu (Ed Krimen) (05/15/91)

In article <1991May14.205608.7264@usenet.ins.cwru.edu> al885@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Gerard Pinzone) writes:

>I am selling genuine Atari trackballs that have been modified for use with
>the Atari ST or Amiga computers. They work exactly as a mouse and are
>available for a limited time. These are NOT the bulky 2600 models. These
>are smaller and have superior buttons to the 2600 version.
>
>For a standard trackball (left mouse button only): $25
>
>For a trackball plus (left and right mouse buttons and a 9 foot cord): $35
>
>Both trackballs are totally compatable with the Atari ST or Amiga mouse.
>Please specify if you want it for the ST or Amiga if you plan to order.
>
>Please include $5 for postage and handling for each order.
>
>If you are definately going to order, please let me know ahead of time
>so I can process your order more quickly.

Is this a commercial advertisement?  I've seen this quite a few times in
the last several months.

In the first paragraph, he says "available for a limited time."  How
limited?

In the last paragraph, he says he wants to know ahead of time so he "can
process your order more quickly."

I bring this up because of the recent discussion about the mini-e-mail-order
service Mark Choi (it was you, wasn't it?!) was going to set up.

I'll take my net.police badge off now.

--
   |||   Ed Krimen [ekrimen@ecst.csuchico.edu or al661@cleveland.freenet.edu]
   |||   Video Production Major, California State University, Chico
  / | \  SysOp, Fuji BBS: 916-894-1261
         TWO WEEKS UNTIL GRADUATION!!

disc@quads.uchicago.edu (gerald harvey dischler) (05/15/91)

In article <1991May14.205608.7264@usenet.ins.cwru.edu> al885@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Gerard Pinzone) writes:

>I am selling genuine Atari trackballs that have been modified for use with
>the Atari ST or Amiga computers. They work exactly as a mouse and are
>available for a limited time. These are NOT the bulky 2600 models. These
>are smaller and have superior buttons to the 2600 version.
>
>For a standard trackball (left mouse button only): $25
>
>For a trackball plus (left and right mouse buttons and a 9 foot cord): $35
>
>Both trackballs are totally compatable with the Atari ST or Amiga mouse.
>Please specify if you want it for the ST or Amiga if you plan to order.
>
>Please include $5 for postage and handling for each order.

Someone shoot me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that a new (with warranty), out of the box, Wico trackball with two buttons, nicely prepared for the Amiga, ran about $40 at Creative Computing in Santa Monica, CA.  Considering this, why would anyone pay the same price for a hack???

Further, aren't the instructions for making these devices available on ab20.larc.nasa.gov's anonymous FTP-server?

Just here to give you ALL the information in order for all you buyers out there to make a more objective decision.

Jerry Dischler
disc@quads.uchicago.edu