[comp.sys.amiga.marketplace] Amiga A2000 and goodies for sale

rik@misty.boeing.com (Rik slaven) (05/03/91)

  Amiga A2000 system for sale:

  STANDARD FEATURES:

        -  1 Meg Chip Ram
        -  Fat Agnus
        -  Internal 3.5" floppy drive
        -  Mouse, Keyboard
        -  Workbench 1.3

  ADDED FEATURES:

        -  Supra Ram Card with 2 Megs Fast Ram
        -  Supra Wordsync SCSI board
        -  Quantum 80s 80 Meg hard drive
        -  Commodore A2320 Flicker Fixer
        -  Microspeed AMTrack Trackball Mouse
        -  Epyx 500 XJ Joystick

  SOFTWARE EXTRAS:

        -  Centaur World Atlas
        -  Deluxe Paint III
        -  Deluxe Print II
        -  Phasar 4.0
        -  SAS/Lattice C 5.1
        -  WordPerfect 4.1

  SYSTEM PRICE:    $2500

  SYSTEM AGE:      1 year and 1 month old.  Excellent condition.
                   No problems.

Please E-mail me if you're interested.
I will negotiate on the price.
You pay shipping.

I will consider breaking the system up if I get offers on all of
the major hardware components.

-----------------------
Rik Slaven

ammrk@swpyr2.sbc.com (Mike R. Kraml) (05/04/91)

In article <26070002@misty.boeing.com> rik@misty.boeing.com (Rik slaven) writes:

>  Amiga A2000 system for sale:
>        -  Supra Ram Card with 2 Megs Fast Ram
>        -  Supra Wordsync SCSI board
>        -  Quantum 80s 80 Meg hard drive
>        -  Commodore A2320 Flicker Fixer
>        -  Microspeed AMTrack Trackball Mouse
>        -  Epyx 500 XJ Joystick
>
>  SOFTWARE EXTRAS:
>        -  Centaur World Atlas
>        -  Deluxe Paint III
>        -  Deluxe Print II
>        -  Phasar 4.0
>        -  SAS/Lattice C 5.1
>        -  WordPerfect 4.1
>
>  SYSTEM PRICE:    $2500

   Come on guys!!!!!
   Today, I can go down to my local Amiga dealer, and buy An A3000, with 50MB
   harddrive, 2 MB ram, 1950 Multisync Color Monitor, 68030 system, built in
   flicker fixer, etc.  For 1895.00 !!!!!!!   Granted this is a special offer,
   but really, $2500.00 for an Unaccerated machine?  The software is NO BIGGIE,
   I own all the above, most won't want/need it anyway.   Sorry guys, quite
   wasting the bandwidth on these extremely high prices.   See ya, Mike...

>  SYSTEM AGE:      1 year and 1 month old.  Excellent condition.
>                   No problems.
>

>Please E-mail me if you're interested.
>I will negotiate on the price.
>You pay shipping.
>
>I will consider breaking the system up if I get offers on all of
>the major hardware components.
>

>-----------------------
>Rik Slaven

  Mike Kraml - Manager-Separations Mechanization - SWBT - Finance Department
  One Bell Center - 30-D-06 - St. Louis, Mo. 63101        PHONE: 314-235-8012
  UUCP: {uunet, bellcore, texbell}...!swpyr2.sbc.com!ammrk

valentin@public.BTR.COM (Valentin Pepelea) (05/07/91)

In article <75@swpyr2.sbc.com> ammrk@swpyr2.UUCP (Mike R. Kraml) writes:

>   Come on guys!!!!!
>   Today, I can go down to my local Amiga dealer, and buy An A3000, with 50MB
>   harddrive, 2 MB ram, 1950 Multisync Color Monitor, 68030 system, built in
>   flicker fixer, etc.  For 1895.00 !!!!!!!

Every now and then a fumbling idiot will waste bandwidth, just like I am now,
by inaccurately flaming the pricing policies of one author or another. Not that
criticizing someone else's offer is out of order, but that furthermore, such
criticizm is disinformative nonesense.

Commodore's special deal of $1850 is for a 16Mhz A3000, without any monitor.

Valentin
--
"An operating system without virtual memory      Name:      Valentin Pepelea
 is an operating system without virtue."         Phone:     (408) 985-1700

ammrk@swbatl.sbc.com (Mike R. Kraml) (05/07/91)

In article <2707@public.BTR.COM> valentin@public.BTR.COM (Valentin Pepelea) writes:
>In article <75@swpyr2.sbc.com> ammrk@swpyr2.UUCP (Mike R. Kraml) writes:
>>
>>   Come on guys!!!!!
>>   Today, I can go down to my local Amiga dealer, and buy An A3000, with 50MB
>>   harddrive, 2 MB ram, 1950 Multisync Color Monitor, 68030 system, built in
>>   flicker fixer, etc.  For 1895.00 !!!!!!!
>
>Every now and then a fumbling idiot will waste bandwidth, just like I am now,
>by inaccurately flaming the pricing policies of one author or another. Not that
>criticizing someone else's offer is out of order, but that furthermore, such
>criticizm is disinformative nonesense.
>
>Commodore's special deal of $1850 is for a 16Mhz A3000, without any monitor.

    Maybe from your dealer: But mine is selling the 16MHZ A3000 WITH 1950
    for $1849.00 (sorry, I did have $1895.00, but I was wrong, the prick is
    actually less).  Would you like his number?   Thanks, Mike...

>Valentin
      Mike Kraml - Manager-Finance MECHANIZATION - SWBT - (the HARD Hack)
          UUCP: {uunet, bellcore, texbell}...!swbatl.sbc.com!ammrk

zerkle@iris.ucdavis.edu (Dan Zerkle) (05/08/91)

In article <1991May7.160104.5268@swbatl.sbc.com> ammrk@swbatl.sbc.com (Mike R. Kraml) writes:
>In article <2707@public.BTR.COM> valentin@public.BTR.COM (Valentin Pepelea) writes:
>>Commodore's special deal of $1850 is for a 16Mhz A3000, without any monitor.
>
>    Maybe from your dealer: But mine is selling the 16MHZ A3000 WITH 1950
>    for $1849.00 (sorry, I did have $1895.00, but I was wrong, the prick is
>    actually less).  Would you like his number?   Thanks, Mike...

Rule #1 of sales:  If it sounds too good to be true, it's probably not
good and not true.  Giving you a monitor that sells for a minimum of
$520 plus a computer for the price of the computer alone sounds too
good to be true.  I would be happy to bet you a few bucks that you
can't actually get the monitor and the computer for $1849.

By the way, did you mean "prick" as a slur on your dealer, or did you
simply misspell "price?"

           Dan Zerkle  zerkle@iris.eecs.ucdavis.edu  (916) 754-0240
           Amiga...  Because life is too short for boring computers.

ammrk@swbatl.sbc.com (Mike R. Kraml) (05/08/91)

>Rule #1 of sales:  If it sounds too good to be true, it's probably not
>good and not true.  Giving you a monitor that sells for a minimum of
>$520 plus a computer for the price of the computer alone sounds too
>good to be true.  I would be happy to bet you a few bucks that you

the free monitor with the purchase of the A3000 16/50.  Your dealer could
too if he wasn't so cheap.  The monitors are FREE to the dealers when
they buy the A3000 16/50, mine elected to give them away, sorry yours
didn't.  (This is what my dealer told me).

>can't actually get the monitor and the computer for $1849.
>
>By the way, did you mean "prick" as a slur on your dealer, or did you
      Sorry, the "prick" is simply a misspelling of "price".  No slander
 was intended!!!!

igreenaw@hemel.bull.co.uk (ian greenaway) (05/23/91)

zerkle@iris.ucdavis.edu (Dan Zerkle) writes:

>In article <1991May7.160104.5268@swbatl.sbc.com> ammrk@swbatl.sbc.com (Mike R. Kraml) writes:
>>In article <2707@public.BTR.COM> valentin@public.BTR.COM (Valentin Pepelea) writes:
>>>Commodore's special deal of $1850 is for a 16Mhz A3000, without any monitor.
>>
>>    Maybe from your dealer: But mine is selling the 16MHZ A3000 WITH 1950
>>    for $1849.00 (sorry, I did have $1895.00, but I was wrong, the prick is
>>    actually less).  Would you like his number?   Thanks, Mike...

>Rule #1 of sales:  If it sounds too good to be true, it's probably not
>good and not true.  Giving you a monitor that sells for a minimum of
>$520 plus a computer for the price of the computer alone sounds too
>good to be true.  I would be happy to bet you a few bucks that you
>can't actually get the monitor and the computer for $1849.

>By the way, did you mean "prick" as a slur on your dealer, or did you
>simply misspell "price?"

>           Dan Zerkle  zerkle@iris.eecs.ucdavis.edu  (916) 754-0240
>           Amiga...  Because life is too short for boring computers.

Well Now

It's too late to get the free monitor but it was true A3000 + 1950 for $1849 !

It seems that the dealer in question found a loophole in C='s special deals.

C= was allowing any dealer ordering an A3000/16/50 to get a free 1950, and we
all know about the $1500 off an A3000 with the Power Up discount.

The dealer merely put both together, ie. ordered lots of 16Mhz 3000's with the
free monitor and then sold them at the Power Up discount price.

These guys saw fit to give the monitors away because they didn't have to pay
for them -- not many dealers out there will do you such favours.

Anyhow, C= found out about them combining the offers and gave them a slap !!

They did, to my certain knowledge manage to get (and sell) fifteen (15) A3000's
with the free monitor for $1849 before C= put a stop to it.

PS: I'm in England, and I found all this out by calling them from here !!

Hope That Sorts It All Out

Cheers

Ian  alias igreenaw@hemel.bull.co.uk