[comp.sys.amiga.marketplace] A3000 upgrade

monty@sagpd1 (05/30/91)

-monty@sagpd1 writes:
->>      He does point out some valid concerns.  What would I be giving up by
->>upgrading to the 3000?
->^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
->	The way I see it everytime C= makes one of these offers that
->	NO OTHER COMPUTER MANUFACTURER makes, people Bi%$h.
-
-	He's not Bi%$hing, just  asking some valid questions. We all know
-that not all the software out there runs on the A3000. The toaster won't fit
-in the A3000 (yet). So he has the right to ask these questions, or we'll get
-posts like "I bought an A3000 and the stupid thing doesn't fit a toaster"
-(even though this isn't C= falt).
-
-					-J.D-

    You like all the rest who have complained about the upgrade have
    missed the whole point of my post! By taking advantage of the
    power-up program the only thing you give up is desk space. You get
    $1500 towards a great machine and YOU GET TO KEEP YOUR OLD MACHINE.....
    You tell me what is given up here????????

    He is just Bi%$hing!!!!!!!!!!

    Monty Saine

benji@pnet01.cts.com (Brad Pennock) (06/01/91)

monty@sagpd1 writes:

>-monty@sagpd1 writes:
>->>      He does point out some valid concerns.  What would I be giving up by
>->>upgrading to the 3000?
>->^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>->	The way I see it everytime C= makes one of these offers that
>->	NO OTHER COMPUTER MANUFACTURER makes, people Bi%$h.
>-
>-	He's not Bi%$hing, just  asking some valid questions. We all know
>-that not all the software out there runs on the A3000. The toaster won't fit
>-in the A3000 (yet). So he has the right to ask these questions, or we'll get
>-posts like "I bought an A3000 and the stupid thing doesn't fit a toaster"
>-(even though this isn't C= falt).
>-
>-					-J.D-
>
>    You like all the rest who have complained about the upgrade have
>    missed the whole point of my post! By taking advantage of the
>    power-up program the only thing you give up is desk space. You get
>    $1500 towards a great machine and YOU GET TO KEEP YOUR OLD MACHINE.....
>    You tell me what is given up here????????
>
>    He is just Bi%$hing!!!!!!!!!!
>
>    Monty Saine

Maybe these people can't believe something this good doesn't come without a
hitch and have to find something wrong with it, no matter how insignificant =)
Right now, I'm looking to sell anything just short of my right arm to get
money to upgrade to a 3000...Oh yes, I know a good thing when I see it =)
BTW, Hi Monty!

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!benji
ARPA: crash!pnet01!benji@nosc.mil
INET: benji@pnet01.cts.com

mx8@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (06/03/91)

In article <1991Jun1.145618.22289@crash.cts.com>,
benji@pnet01.cts.com (Brad Pennock) writes:
> monty@sagpd1 writes:
>>
>>-monty@sagpd1 writes:
>>->>      He does point out some valid concerns.  What would I be giving up by
>>->>upgrading to the 3000?
>>->^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>->	The way I see it everytime C= makes one of these offers that
>>->	NO OTHER COMPUTER MANUFACTURER makes, people Bi%$h.
>>-
>>-	He's not Bi%$hing, just  asking some valid questions. We all know
>>-that not all the software out there runs on the A3000. The toaster won't fit
>>-in the A3000 (yet). So he has the right to ask these questions, or we'll get
>>-posts like "I bought an A3000 and the stupid thing doesn't fit a toaster"
>>-(even though this isn't C= falt).
>>-
>>-					-J.D-
>>
>>    You like all the rest who have complained about the upgrade have
>>    missed the whole point of my post! By taking advantage of the
>>    power-up program the only thing you give up is desk space. You get
>>    $1500 towards a great machine and YOU GET TO KEEP YOUR OLD MACHINE.....
>>    You tell me what is given up here????????
>>
>>    He is just Bi%$hing!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>    Monty Saine
>
> Maybe these people can't believe something this good doesn't come without a
> hitch and have to find something wrong with it, no matter how insignificant =)
> Right now, I'm looking to sell anything just short of my right arm to get
> money to upgrade to a 3000...Oh yes, I know a good thing when I see it =)
> BTW, Hi Monty!

    What you're neglecting is that not all of us (not even most of us) have
$2350 we can just blow on the 3000/16-50 ($1850 + $500 for the 1950).  So we
must sell our machines in order to make the price difference.  In buying the
3000, even the cheaper one, we would have to give up our old machines anyway.
So questions of compatibility and expandibility are quite valid here.