Newsgroups: misc.forsale.computers
From: ddj@zardoz.club.cc.cmu.edu (Doug DeJulio)
Subject: cheap workstations
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1991 19:58:06 GMT

I've got a couple of workstations and workstation parts for sale at
low prices.

------------------------------
VAXstation 2000
 6 meg of RAM
 RD53 hard drive (~70 meg)
 LK201 keyboard, mouse, big monochrome monitor
 thick and thin ethernet built in

These machines can do a respectable job of running UNIX, Ultrix or
VMS.  They can make reasonable X terminals too.

Asking price: $2000 each, two available.
* If somone buys both I'll throw in a non-DEC DELNI-workalike.

------------------------------
Sun2/120 or Sun2/170

prime CPU (10 MHz 68010 w/ MMU but no FPU)
up to 4 meg of RAM
SCSI controller
Adaptec SCSI->MFM card
up to 110 meg of MFM disks
ethernet card

The Sun2/120 is the pedistal configuration, and the 2/170 is the
rack-mounted configuration.

This machine can be set up to have six asynch ports (one of which
would be needed for console use).  At various times I've set one up as
a VJ-CSLIP gateway (at 19.2kbaud, no less), an NFS fileserver, and a
YP/NIS master server (all three at once for a little while).  It comes
with a SunOS3.5 two-user license, a modified kernel including bugfixes
and SLIP with Van Jacobson style header compression.  I've preinstalled
lots of softawre, like the gnu-emacs editor and the sc spreadsheet.
This was my general-purpose machine before I bought my NeXTstation.

Asking price: make me a reasonable offer

PARTS:

I've got various Sun2 and Microvax One parts laying about in my
basement (including at least two CPU cards of each type, and some
chassis).  Looking for something?  I might have it.  I think I can put
together another entire Sun2 modulo the disk subsystem, and two entire
microvax ones modulo the memory and ethernet.

--
Doug DeJulio
ddj@zardoz.club.cc.cmu.edu (NeXT mail)