[comp.sys.amiga.emulations] Apple2+

glmwc@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Matt Crowd) (01/09/91)

I downloaded a file from abcfd20 from incoming/amiga/emulators called
apple2+.c . I've tried compiling this but it looks for an include file
called term.h, does anyone know anything about this file? Should this
file have been included in the original upload ?

Thanks, Matthew Crowd.

pashdown@javelin.es.com (Pete Ashdown) (01/09/91)

glmwc@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Matt Crowd) writes:

>I downloaded a file from abcfd20 from incoming/amiga/emulators called
>apple2+.c . I've tried compiling this but it looks for an include file
>called term.h, does anyone know anything about this file? Should this
>file have been included in the original upload ?

That Apple II+ emulator was not originally written for the Amiga.  I can't
remember what it was written for, but it was some sort of weird mainframe
type.  I think the original intent of putting it on abcfd20 was for someone
to convert it to the Amiga.  It would seem to me that Apple IIe, or even
IIgs emulation would be the _easiest_ to do on the Amiga, yet nobody has tried
it yet.  I have run an Apple II+ emulator on the ST emulator with fair results,
but nothing near what would be possible directly on the Amiga.

--
"No, no, no!  It is an empirical law of physics that the heat flux at any
point is proportional to the temperature gradient at that point."

jmauric@hubcap.clemson.edu (AMIGA users group) (01/09/91)

From article <1991Jan9.134417.2871@javelin.es.com>, by pashdown@javelin.es.com (Pete Ashdown):
> glmwc@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Matt Crowd) writes:
>
> it yet.  I have run an Apple II+ emulator on the ST emulator with fair results,

could you please upload that apple II+ emulator (the ST one) for me.

upload to   HUBCAP.CLEMSON.EDU

direcory:        /PUB/AMIGA/INCOMING

im the owner and moderator of the account.

the site is anonymous FTP so you shouldnt have any problem.

thanks.

    				--john
jmauric@hubcap.clemson.edu

glmwc@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Matt Crowd) (01/10/91)

In article <12537@hubcap.clemson.edu> jmauric@hubcap.clemson.edu (AMIGA users group) writes:
>From article <1991Jan9.134417.2871@javelin.es.com>, by pashdown@javelin.es.com (Pete Ashdown):
>> glmwc@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Matt Crowd) writes:
>>
>> it yet.  I have run an Apple II+ emulator on the ST emulator with fair results,          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>could you please upload that apple II+ emulator (the ST one) for me.
>upload to   HUBCAP.CLEMSON.EDU           |
>direcory:        /PUB/AMIGA/INCOMING     |
>im the owner and moderator of the account.
>the site is anonymous FTP so you shouldnt have any problem.
>thanks.                                  |
>    				--john    |
>jmauric@hubcap.clemson.edu               |

I'm sorry but I didn't write this ! <------

My original posting said that i downloaded the C source for a apple 2+
emulator for the amiga from abcfd20 and I couln't compile it because one
of the includes was missing.

Matt Crowd.