[comp.sys.amiga.emulations] Working JR-Comm w/a Datalink modem

eaou020@orion.oac.UCI.EDU (David Joseph Hung) (01/15/91)

First things first....JRComm is way rad!!

	I just got the JRComm 1.01 unregistered version, but I haven't been
able to do anything with it because of major mis-communication.

I have an Amiga 3000 with AE's Datalink 2000 internal modem with MNP-5.  As
I load up JRComm with its "serial.device" replaced with "dl2000.device", the probs start:

* The macros spew garbage that looks like a decoded version of the original
    macros.

* Trying to enable CTS/RTS causes an ERROR.

* When using the Directory to dial, the message says,"Modem error, exiting.."
  or it tries to dial without lifting the reciever.  Can anyone help me?

Supoosedly, it could be a problem with what I'm telling the modem to do when
first initializing it, but (silly me!) I got so upset trying to work the bugger
(no pun intended) that I reset the entire JRComm, erasing its macros, def,..
..everything.  I've read the UserManual(included with the JRComm1_01.lzh) and
I can't figure the correct implementation of JRComm with DataLink modem.

Please...help...thank you.  (Until I get this program to work, only then will

   P A T L A B O R 'S  S P E C I A L  V E H I C L E S  D I V I S I O N  I I I
     __________                              __________________________________
    /___  ____/  A d v a n c e d  9 8       | "(dcoteles@bonnie.ics.uci.edu)
David Cotelessa -help!!!!! This "other"prgram is screwing up!!!!!!

jeremym@chopin.udel.edu (Jeremy A Moskowitz) (01/15/91)

**********THIS THREAD IS OFFICIALLY DEAD ON C.S.A.EMULATIONS...*******
*******IT WAS BEEN MOVED MY MONITOR TO DATACOM********

wfaust@venus.UUCP (Wolf Faust) (01/16/91)

In article <9101141811.aa28058@orion.oac.uci.edu>, David Joseph Hung writes:

> I have an Amiga 3000 with AE's Datalink 2000 internal modem with MNP-5.  As
> I load up JRComm with its "serial.device" replaced with "dl2000.device", the probs start:
> * Trying to enable CTS/RTS causes an ERROR.

As far as I know (is Jeff out here??) it's a bug wich can be fixed by
a new set of eproms. Call AE for an eprom update. The problem can
be fixed by the new eprom, anyway, it's caused by something
unnormal in JrComm (so it's not AE fault, (don't ask what's
exactly wrong)
-----
Wolf Faust    UUCP:cbmvax.commodore.com!cbmehq!cbmger!venus!wfaust
Tel: (+49)69 5486556         FIDO: 2:243/43.5

jprad@faatcrl.UUCP (Jack Radigan) (01/17/91)

wfaust@venus.UUCP (Wolf Faust) writes:

>As far as I know (is Jeff out here??) it's a bug wich can be fixed by
>a new set of eproms. Call AE for an eprom update. The problem can
>be fixed by the new eprom, anyway, it's caused by something
>unnormal in JrComm (so it's not AE fault, (don't ask what's
>exactly wrong)

  Why do people consistently manufacture drek such as this?

  The AE 2000 modem had a problem in that the serial.device driver could
not deal with the block buffered serial I/O that JR-Comm uses.

  -jack-