[comp.sys.amiga.emulations] question about AMAX II+?

MAJI@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU (Ji Ma) (01/16/91)

Hi,

I just ask net about the Mac emulation on amiga.  It seems that AMAX needs
mac 128K ROM and no color.  AMAXII have some sound capablity but you need
Mac drive to read mac disk.  AMAX II+ can plug into a3000 and use amiga
drive to read mac disk!   I looked the amigaworld there is no ad about this
AMAX II+.  I wonder this is exist product or a coming one.  Can anyone point
out where I can buy one around Palo Alto area?

Also I am looking for the Mac128K rom that can be use with AMAX II.  Is some
have such thing laying around and willing to part with or know where I can
buy cheap one?  I really appreciate if you can give me some information on
mac emulations

Maji

ifarqhar@sunb.mqcc.mq.oz.au (Ian Farquhar) (01/18/91)

In article <91015.190530MAJI@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU> MAJI@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU (Ji Ma) writes:
>drive to read mac disk!   I looked the amigaworld there is no ad about this
>AMAX II+.  I wonder this is exist product or a coming one.  Can anyone point

I rang ReadySoft two days ago regarding AMax+.  It is not released yet,
though the word was "soon."  The rough, estimated, don't-hold-us-to-it
price was around US$500.  Excluding ROMs, of course.

--
Ian Farquhar                      Phone : 61 2 805-9400
Office of Computing Services      Fax   : 61 2 805-7433