[comp.sys.amiga.emulations] trouble with atari1

880584b@aucs.AcadiaU.ca (Bruce Baltzer) (01/24/91)

i just downloaded the atari1 1040ST emulator.  after un lharc-ing it,
i found that it would load to the window asking what resolution i would
like (low, med, or high).  after i chose one (i tried all three with no luck)
the power light would begin to flicker, and nothing.  pressing both mouse
buttons caused the light to cease flickering and the screen to flash.
it was the non-pal version (nstc or whatever).  i am running it on a 500
w/memory expansion (A501), with a modem and printer hooked up.
i have the patch to run PAL software, so if this version is screwed, i would
appreciate it if someone would point me in the direction of the PAL version.
thanks,
bruce baltzer
880584b@AcadiaU.ca

jmundt@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Jeffrey Steven Mundt) (01/25/91)

880584b@aucs.AcadiaU.ca (Bruce Baltzer) writes:

>i just downloaded the atari1 1040ST emulator.  after un lharc-ing it,

Would it be possible to know where to get this beast?  I've been trying in vain
to get a software ST emulator since I saw one demoed in Germany some time ago.

>i found that it would load to the window asking what resolution i would
>like (low, med, or high).  after i chose one (i tried all three with no luck)
>the power light would begin to flicker, and nothing.  pressing both mouse
>buttons caused the light to cease flickering and the screen to flash.
>it was the non-pal version (nstc or whatever).  i am running it on a 500
>w/memory expansion (A501), with a modem and printer hooked up.
>i have the patch to run PAL software, so if this version is screwed, i would
>appreciate it if someone would point me in the direction of the PAL version.
>thanks,
>bruce baltzer
>880584b@AcadiaU.ca

I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me where I could get the programme, as
I have a certain desire to run some ST software which I was given.

Any help would be appreciated.

--Jeff Mundt
jmundt@silver.ucs.indiana.edu
jmundt@prism.ucs.indiana.edu