[comp.sys.amiga.emulations] Mac programs to help with A-Max II!!

JKT100@psuvm.psu.edu (JKT) (01/24/91)

For your benefit, I've found two little programs that should be of
use to all you A-Max II users out there.  To get them:

FTP to 36.44.0.6

CD to the "info-mac" directory

CD to the "util" directory

In BINARY mode, GET  "welcome-editor.hqx" and "command-line-interface.hqx"

These files are binhexed and Stuffed, both of which can be decoded if
you have Stuffit 1.5.1 or later.

"What are they?" you ask?  The first one lets you change that "Welcome
to Macintosh" message to anything else you desire.  The second I have not
been able to try yet (disclaimer alert!) but it would seem to be the
Mac equivalent of a CLI...  Something I've been wanting for years now.
Hope this info helps some of you out!

                                                            Kurt
|| Kurt Tappe   (215) 363-9485  || With.   Without.   And who'll       ||
|| 184 W. Valley Hill Rd.       || deny it's what the fighting's       ||
|| Malvern, PA 19355-2214       || all about?    -  Pink Floyd         ||
||  jkt100@psuvm.psu.edu         --------------------------------------||
||  jkt100@psuvm.bitnet  jkt100%psuvm.bitnet@psuvax1  QLink: KurtTappe ||

etxtomp@eos.ericsson.se (Tommy Petersson) (01/26/91)

In article <91023.215429JKT100@psuvm.psu.edu> JKT100@psuvm.psu.edu (JKT) writes:
>For your benefit, I've found two little programs that should be of
>use to all you A-Max II users out there.  To get them:
>
>FTP to 36.44.0.6
>
>CD to the "info-mac" directory
>
>CD to the "util" directory
>
>In BINARY mode, GET  "welcome-editor.hqx" and "command-line-interface.hqx"
>
>These files are binhexed and Stuffed, both of which can be decoded if
>you have Stuffit 1.5.1 or later.

Where can I get this "Stuffit", or a similar program?

>"What are they?" you ask?  The first one lets you change that "Welcome
>to Macintosh" message to anything else you desire.  The second I have not
>been able to try yet (disclaimer alert!) but it would seem to be the
>Mac equivalent of a CLI...  Something I've been wanting for years now.
>Hope this info helps some of you out!
>
>                                                            Kurt
>--
>|| Kurt Tappe   (215) 363-9485  || With.   Without.   And who'll       ||
>|| 184 W. Valley Hill Rd.       || deny it's what the fighting's       ||
>|| Malvern, PA 19355-2214       || all about?    -  Pink Floyd         ||
>||  jkt100@psuvm.bitnet  jkt100%psuvm.bitnet@psuvax1  QLink: KurtTappe ||

Tommy Petersson
etxtomp@eos.ericsson.se