[comp.sys.amiga.emulations] -----World mags...

jhc00614@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (J Chung) (02/02/91)

>Does anyone realize Computerworld and Amigaworld are owned by the same
>company?
    IDG Communications own pretty much all the magazines w/ a _____World
moniker.  This, I believe includes PCWorld, MacWorld, AmigaWorld, etc....
They are a huge company, and the only thing that these mags have in common
is their parent company.  A few may share the same building and may
have a couple writers in common, but they are run w/ separates editorial
and writing staffs.  Also, it's not good business to mention other
platforms, simply because people don't want to hear about other computers
in their specific mags.  As for the general mags. like ComputerWorld, they
reflect their readers, which is pretty much the MS-DOS world.  Check the
advertisements.  I don't think you'll see many Amiga specific businesses.
Hence, few Amiga articles.
                                   Just my $.02,
                                   Jason

davewt@NCoast.ORG (David Wright) (02/07/91)

In article <1991Feb2.071738.13127@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> jhc00614@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (J Chung) writes:
>in their specific mags.  As for the general mags. like ComputerWorld, they
>reflect their readers, which is pretty much the MS-DOS world.  Check the
>advertisements.  I don't think you'll see many Amiga specific businesses.
>Hence, few Amiga articles.
	Couldn't it also be; No Amiga articles, so no Amiga-specific
advertisements?

	After all, it has to start somewhere. I have heard many times that
most magazines like BYTE would be happy to publish Amiga-specific articles
if good quality articles were submitted, but someone has to send them in.
After all, don't most of these magazines print letters from Amiga users
when they send them in complaining about how the Amiga could also do
something that was mentioned in a previous issue?

			Dave

jhc00614@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (J Chung) (02/10/91)

     So what does come first, the chicken or the egg?
Well, I hope somebody picks up some of the Amiga slack....Computer Shopper has
killed off its Amiga section apparently.
     I should have known after they killed off their other computer columns.
                                Later, Jason