[comp.sys.amiga.emulations] Atari ST Emulator

chrise@hubcap.clemson.edu (Chris Everhart) (01/22/91)

Where can I find an Atari ST emulator?  Is this Shareware, or commercial?  If
it's commercial, what's the cost?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

chrise@hubcap.clemson.edu

ottmar@ajberl.UUCP (Ottmar Roehrig) (01/23/91)

>In article <12712@hubcap.clemson.edu> chrise@hubcap.clemson.edu (Chris Everhart) writes:
>Where can I find an Atari ST emulator?  Is this Shareware, or commercial?  If
>it's commercial, what's the cost?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Chris
>

>chrise@hubcap.clemson.edu

Tray "Medusa v2.0" from a german company called MacroSystems. They're not reachable
via air-mail, but here follows their adress: MacroSystems, Gahlenfeldstr.6, D-5804
Herdecke, Tel: +2330/801132, Fax.: +2330/73055

This emulator seems to be the best on the market. It uses hard drives, boots of
TOS-disks or ROMS (even 1.6, if your are running a 68030-System) and makes an
Amiga 3000 almost as fast as a TT.

Hopes this helps, Ottmar
=
AtelierRoehrig, Ottmar Roehrig, Hamburg, Germany
UUCP: ...!cbmvax!cbmehq!cbmger!ajberl!ottmar
-
"42" (Deep Thought, some million years ago)

ottmar@ajberl.UUCP (Ottmar Roehrig) (01/23/91)

>In article <1355@lehi3b15.csee.Lehigh.EDU> glin@lehi3b15.csee.Lehigh.EDU (George Lin [900116]) writes:
>
>I can see if somebody wants to have a Macintosh/IBM emulator to run business
>and programming applications but why would anybody want an ST emulator????
>
>GLin

For instance Calamus or Retouche Professional...

Ottmar
=

dolfing@cs.utwente.nl (Hans Dolfing) (01/23/91)

In article <1355@lehi3b15.csee.Lehigh.EDU> glin@lehi3b15.csee.Lehigh.EDU (George Lin [900116]) writes:
>In article <12712@hubcap.clemson.edu> chrise@hubcap.clemson.edu (Chris Everhart) writes:
>>Where can I find an Atari ST emulator?  Is this Shareware, or commercial?  If
>>it's commercial, what's the cost?
>>
>>Thanks in advance,
>
>I can see if somebody wants to have a Macintosh/IBM emulator to run business
>and programming applications but why would anybody want an ST emulator????
>
>GLin

For example because of Turbo-C 2.0.

	-Hans

WRW105@psuvm.psu.edu (Bill Wilkinson) (01/24/91)

     I just recently read that C= is working on an emulator, but Atari is holdi
ng it up in legal battles (Why let them make an emulator if you can make all
those amigoids buy ST's?)
     Oh, yes...It was in AmigaWorld...
                                      The Infamous Double W

A millihelen is the amount of beauty required to launch a single ship.
    "Eureka is Greek for 'this bath is too hot'!"--The Doctor, The Talons
                                                  of Weng-Chiang

pegram@kira.UUCP (Robert B. Pegram) (01/25/91)

From article <1355@lehi3b15.csee.Lehigh.EDU>, by glin@lehi3b15.csee.Lehigh.EDU (George Lin [900116]):
> In article <12712@hubcap.clemson.edu> chrise@hubcap.clemson.edu (Chris Everhart) writes:
>>Where can I find an Atari ST emulator?  Is this Shareware, or commercial?  If
>>it's commercial, what's the cost?

>>Thanks in advance,

> I can see if somebody wants to have a Macintosh/IBM emulator to run business
> and programming applications but why would anybody want an ST emulator????

> GLin

To run my old ST programs until I get new ones for the new machine,
what else?  If the hardware emulator has ST midi ports, there is a
wealth of good software for musicians particularly.  The world is not
all Amigas, Macs, and IBMs you know - I prefer my old *Mono* ST to the
flickery 68K Amigas (yes - I know it is fixable) - multi-tasking or no
multi-tasking.  No offense intended - else take it to .advocacy 8-).

Bob Pegram

pegram@griffin.uvm.edu
	or
uunet.uu.net!uvm-gen!pegram

dtiberio@csserv2.ic.sunysb.edu (David Tiberio) (02/15/91)

In article <1991Jan23.095754.14326@cs.utwente.nl> dolfing@cs.utwente.nl (Hans Dolfing) writes:
>In article <1355@lehi3b15.csee.Lehigh.EDU> glin@lehi3b15.csee.Lehigh.EDU (George Lin [900116]) writes:
>>In article <12712@hubcap.clemson.edu> chrise@hubcap.clemson.edu (Chris Everhart) writes:
>>>Where can I find an Atari ST emulator?  Is this Shareware, or commercial?  If
>>>it's commercial, what's the cost?
>>>
>>>Thanks in advance,
>>
>>I can see if somebody wants to have a Macintosh/IBM emulator to run business
>>and programming applications but why would anybody want an ST emulator????
>>
>>GLin
>
>For example because of Turbo-C 2.0.
>
>	-Hans

  Isn't it obvious? Use your Amiga to run ST Software, such as Spectre 128,
which is an ST Mac emulator. And from Spectre 128, run Soft PC, which is
a Macintosh IBM emulator. And from Soft PC, run the Amiga Transformer, which
is the fabled Amiga development system for IBM computers. Viola! An Amiga
that emulates an Amiga.

  brainSTorm is a new Atari ST emulator that can multitask 2 ST programs

  Medusa is an AMAX!-like emulator that does not multitask with anything
   (not a Mac emulator though; it is an ST emulator)

  Cameleon is a new ST emulator with one advantage; it costs $30. Check
   European Amiga mags for info on this one (first seen in Amiga Format
   a few issues ago).

DavidTiberio SUNYStonyBrook2-3605 AMIGA TotoProductions DDDMEN

In article <1991Feb14.181334.26710@sbcs.sunysb.edu> dtiberio@csserv2.ic.sunysb.edu (David Tiberio) writes:

>  Isn't it obvious? Use your Amiga to run ST Software, such as Spectre 128,
>which is an ST Mac emulator. And from Spectre 128, run Soft PC, which is
>a Macintosh IBM emulator. And from Soft PC, run the Amiga Transformer, which
>is the fabled Amiga development system for IBM computers. Viola! An Amiga
>that emulates an Amiga.

Oops. Perhaps you understood me wrong when I recently posted something
about the Transformer and had myself misunderstood the question.

Transformer is an MS-DOS emulator running on the Amiga! And not the
other way round. Sorry for causing misconceptions.

clcp16@vaxa.strath.ac.uk (02/15/91)

In article <1991Feb14.181334.26710@sbcs.sunysb.edu>, dtiberio@csserv2.ic.sunysb.edu (David Tiberio) writes:
> In article <1991Jan23.095754.14326@cs.utwente.nl> dolfing@cs.utwente.nl (Hans Dolfing) writes:

>>>I can see if somebody wants to have a Macintosh/IBM emulator to run business
>>>and programming applications but why would anybody want an ST emulator????
>>>
>>>GLin
>>
>>For example because of Turbo-C 2.0.
>>
>>	-Hans
>
>   Isn't it obvious? Use your Amiga to run ST Software, such as Spectre 128,
> which is an ST Mac emulator. And from Spectre 128, run Soft PC, which is
> a Macintosh IBM emulator. And from Soft PC, run the Amiga Transformer, which
> is the fabled Amiga development system for IBM computers. Viola! An Amiga
> that emulates an Amiga.
>
>   brainSTorm is a new Atari ST emulator that can multitask 2 ST programs

Is that the emulator that MAST markets?

>   Medusa is an AMAX!-like emulator that does not multitask with anything
>    (not a Mac emulator though; it is an ST emulator)
>
>   Cameleon is a new ST emulator with one advantage; it costs $30. Check
>    European Amiga mags for info on this one (first seen in Amiga Format
>    a few issues ago).

The price has gone up to #80 (no pound signs) and it doesn't supply a
routine to get the TOS dump. All the mags said that this was no problem only
because they'd already reviewed Medusa and used its GETTOS.PRG.

> DavidTiberio SUNYStonyBrook2-3605 AMIGA TotoProductions DDDMEN

Stewart C. Russell University of Strathclyde Glasgow Scotland