[comp.sys.amiga.emulations] LHArc

ottmar@ajberl.UUCP (Ottmar Roehrig) (02/19/91)

Are there any LHArc-compatibl programes avaialbe on the Maintosh?
Or is there any other possibility to crunch files on the Amiga, transfer
the to 800K-Disks with Mac-2-Dos and decrunch them on a MacII?

Quite important for me... Thanx for any help.

Ottmar
=
AtelierRoehrig, Ottmar Roehrig, Hamburg, Germany
  UUCP: ...!cbmvax!cbmehq!cbmger!ajberl!ottmar

  "Free your mind and your body will follow..."
     (Common sentence at Tekknozid-Parties)

dtiberio@csserv2.ic.sunysb.edu (David Tiberio) (02/21/91)

In article <ottmar.3834@ajberl.UUCP> ottmar@ajberl.UUCP (Ottmar Roehrig) writes:
>Are there any LHArc-compatibl programes avaialbe on the Maintosh?
>Or is there any other possibility to crunch files on the Amiga, transfer
>the to 800K-Disks with Mac-2-Dos and decrunch them on a MacII?
>
>Quite important for me... Thanx for any help.
>
>Ottmar
>=
>AtelierRoehrig, Ottmar Roehrig, Hamburg, Germany
>  UUCP: ...!cbmvax!cbmehq!cbmger!ajberl!ottmar
>
>  "Free your mind and your body will follow..."
>     (Common sentence at Tekknozid-Parties)

  Look for an ARC or ZIP compressor. I have seen these both, and each says
that it is necessary for decompressing IBM files. Maybe these will work
on the Amiga files.

  Or, try an Apple transfer program for Mac to IBM. I know one exists, and
I plan to use it also as soon as I get it.

mental@bluemoon.uucp (Sean Kellner) (02/22/91)

ottmar@ajberl.UUCP (Ottmar Roehrig) writes:

> Are there any LHArc-compatibl programes avaialbe on the Maintosh?
> Or is there any other possibility to crunch files on the Amiga, transfer
> the to 800K-Disks with Mac-2-Dos and decrunch them on a MacII?

 I would not say definately on LHarc, but I do have PKZip and have gotten
it from an FTP source, but I could not say which. If you haven't already
bought Mac-2-Dos, I can save you about $200. Get MSH and write the files
to a IBM disk. All Mac IIs have the high density disk drives (I think) and
you can use the Apple File Exchange which comes with the Mac. Works for me
on a Classic. Its not that big a pain at all, transparent on the Amiga
side, a little time on the Mac, and its free, something I really like.

> Quite important for me... Thanx for any help.

                                    Don't mention it <g>
    Sean