[comp.sys.amiga.emulations] MSDOS emulators for the A500

rayhann@mullian.ee.mu.OZ.AU (rayhann chee) (02/27/91)

	I just read that there is the new ATonce emulator for the A500.
Does anybody have the specifications on what it can do and whether it has
any known bugs. All I know is that it allows multitasking with the AmigaDOS.
I know that some of the KCS boards have a few bugs, so I was wondering if the
ATonce is a worthy buy.

gmb@iclswe.icl.se (Grahame Budd) (03/01/91)

rayhann@mullian.ee.mu.OZ.AU (rayhann chee) writes:

>	I just read that there is the new ATonce emulator for the A500.
>Does anybody have the specifications on what it can do and whether it has
>any known bugs. All I know is that it allows multitasking with the AmigaDOS.
>I know that some of the KCS boards have a few bugs, so I was wondering if the
>ATonce is a worthy buy.
>	Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I installed the ATonce on my 1 meg, no HD Amiga and it works fine. The only
problem is slower loading of AmigaDos. I'm using MS-DOS 3.3 and a whole load
of pro software - all of which works just like on an AT/286 machine.

The speed is about 6.1 X standard PC when in four colour CGA, and about 4.9
when in 16 colour CGA.

I've been sharing the two floppy drives between MS-DOS and Amiga dos. Provided
that the MS-DOS load drive is kept free of Amiga disks the B: drive can be used
for either Amiga or MS-DOS according to need.

So far no problems, (apart from using MS-DOS which is a problem in itself).