[comp.sys.amiga.emulations] 030/020 IBM emulator - you asked for it, you

chem194@csc.canterbury.ac.nz (John Davis) (03/02/91)

In article <1991Mar1.134911.14237@javelin.es.com>, pashdown@javelin.es.com (Pete Ashdown) writes:
> n350bq@tamuts.tamu.edu (Duane Fields) writes:
>
> 	1. Is it color?  I mean, color text?
> 	2. Has anyone run benchmarks on it?  How does it compare to
>            Transformer?
>         3. Does it read/write IBM format?

It does CGA text mode ( 80x25, 16 colour ) plus CGA hires graphics  (640x200
mono) and CGA lores ( 320x200 4 colour ) ( and 40x25 colour text mode if
you really like running GWBasic :-).

According to Norton's SI it's rated at 1.2 times a 4.77mhz XT ( that's
on a 2630 - 25mhz ) - no speed demon but WAY better than transformer
( like it actually _works_ )

And it reads/writes PC floppies just fine (thanks to MSH:-)

| o  John Davis - CHEM194@canterbury.ac.nz               o |
| o  (Depart)mental Programmer,Chemistry Department      o |
| o  University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand o |
| o                                                      o |
| o  co-sysop AmigaINFO BBS,1200/2400 baud CCITT,        o |
| o           24 hours a day, ph NZ +3-3371-531          o |

Doug Kelly <KELLYDK@QUCDN.QueensU.CA> (03/02/91)

Okay, I can't get it running on my Lucas board - does it actually require
the MMU capabilities?  The docs don't say.  If not, is it likely
to fail due to the wrong version of MSH?

Doug Kelly
kellydk@qucdn.queensu.ca