[comp.sys.amiga.emulations] Amiga <-> A-Max Transfers

marke@telstr.UUCP (Mark Edgington) (02/24/91)

   I have been trying to help a friend of mine that owns A-Max II get it to
work with things he's downloaded to an Amiga disk, and it seems that the only
way to get files from AmigaDOS disks to the A-Max format disks (He doesn't
have a mac drive) is to use FileTransfer II, which is included with the
package.  Does anyone know if there are any programs for the Amiga that are
written to transfer from Amiga to A-Max and vice versa?  It seems like this
would be a practical thing to do since the program itself is written for the
Amiga.  Any help would be appreciated.

            ___                   /\\  /\\  ____                ___
               \\                 /  \\/ /\\                    /
                \\               /     /__\\______            /
                 )             /     /    \\                (
                 |            /     /      \\_____          |
                  \\_______________________________________/

JKT100@psuvm.psu.edu (JKT) (02/27/91)

I've said it before and I will say it again.  The only GOOD way to
transfer files between AmigaDOS and Mac disks if you only have an
Amiga is to get a Mac drive.  Too expensive?  Get it anyway, unless
you have stock in an aspirin company.

Now if you have an Amiga and access to a Mac with a superdrive,
that's another matter.  You can use your Amiga in conjunction with
CrossDOS or MSH to copy files to MS-DOS format disks, then use
AppleFileExchange on the Mac to read those disks and copy them to
Mac format disks.

                                                            Kurt
|| Kurt Tappe   (215) 363-9485  || With.   Without.   And who'll       ||
|| 184 W. Valley Hill Rd.       || deny it's what the fighting's       ||
|| Malvern, PA 19355-2214       || all about?    -  Pink Floyd         ||
||  jkt100@psuvm.psu.edu         --------------------------------------||
||  jkt100@psuvm.bitnet  jkt100%psuvm.bitnet@psuvax1  QLink: KurtTappe ||

etxtomp@eos.ericsson.se (Tommy Petersson) (03/02/91)

In article <91057.210846JKT100@psuvm.psu.edu> JKT100@psuvm.psu.edu (JKT) writes:
>I've said it before and I will say it again.  The only GOOD way to
>transfer files between AmigaDOS and Mac disks if you only have an
>Amiga is to get a Mac drive.  Too expensive?  Get it anyway, unless
>you have stock in an aspirin company.
>
>Now if you have an Amiga and access to a Mac with a superdrive,
>that's another matter.  You can use your Amiga in conjunction with
>CrossDOS or MSH to copy files to MS-DOS format disks, then use
>AppleFileExchange on the Mac to read those disks and copy them to
>Mac format disks.
>
>                                                            Kurt
>--
>|| Kurt Tappe   (215) 363-9485  || With.   Without.   And who'll       ||
>|| 184 W. Valley Hill Rd.       || deny it's what the fighting's       ||
>|| Malvern, PA 19355-2214       || all about?    -  Pink Floyd         ||
>||  jkt100@psuvm.psu.edu         --------------------------------------||
>||  jkt100@psuvm.bitnet  jkt100%psuvm.bitnet@psuvax1  QLink: KurtTappe ||

How about this: an AMAX EMULATOR FOR MACINTOSH!

Is it possible for a Mac with superdrive to write disks in AMAX format,
providing a program exists to do it, of course. If possible, could it
really be so much work for ReadySoft to do the program?

The problem is that it's probably not possible :-( I suspect that the
Mac's are using a disk controller that's impossible to program to
the AMAX format.

What does someone who knows anything say?

Tommy Petersson
tope@enea.se <----