[comp.sys.amiga.emulations] how to unpack .hqx files on Amiga ?

amuser@cutmcvax.cs.curtin.edu.au (Bill Sharp-Smith AUG) (03/11/91)

 I tried to get some Mac fonts for conversion to Amiga fonts the other
day, but they are packed using either binhex or stuffit on the Mac.
Is there a compatible unpacker on the Amiga ? an FTP address and
file name would be much appreciated.
                   Regards,
                           Gary
        (Amiga User Group of Western Australia)

JKT100@psuvm.psu.edu (JKT) (03/11/91)

Bill Sharp-Smith AUG says:

> I tried to get some Mac fonts for conversion to Amiga fonts the other
>day, but they are packed using either binhex or stuffit on the Mac.
>Is there a compatible unpacker on the Amiga ? an FTP address and
>file name would be much appreciated.

I know of no such utility for the Amiga; Do you have access to a
Mac or an Amiga running A-Max?  If so, all you need to do is run
the files through Stuffit 1.5.1 or newer to first decode the BinHex
files and then unStuff them.  But I think this must be done on Mac;
I've never seen a program for ANY computer besides Mac that would
do either of these steps.

                                                            Kurt
|| Kurt Tappe   (215) 363-9485  || With.   Without.   And who'll       ||
|| 184 W. Valley Hill Rd.       || deny it's what the fighting's       ||
|| Malvern, PA 19355-2214       || all about?    -  Pink Floyd         ||
||  jkt100@psuvm.psu.edu         --------------------------------------||
||  jkt100@psuvm.bitnet  jkt100%psuvm.bitnet@psuvax1  QLink: KurtTappe ||

ludde@nada.kth.se (Erik Lundevall) (03/12/91)

In article <91070.090306JKT100@psuvm.psu.edu> JKT100@psuvm.psu.edu (JKT) writes:
>Bill Sharp-Smith AUG says:
>>
>> I tried to get some Mac fonts for conversion to Amiga fonts the other
>>day, but they are packed using either binhex or stuffit on the Mac.
>>Is there a compatible unpacker on the Amiga ? an FTP address and
>>file name would be much appreciated.
>
>I know of no such utility for the Amiga; Do you have access to a

I believe there is a program called UnSit that will unpack Stuffit files.

>--
>|| Kurt Tappe   (215) 363-9485  || With.   Without.   And who'll       ||
>|| 184 W. Valley Hill Rd.       || deny it's what the fighting's       ||
>|| Malvern, PA 19355-2214       || all about?    -  Pink Floyd         ||
>||  jkt100@psuvm.psu.edu         --------------------------------------||
>||  jkt100@psuvm.bitnet  jkt100%psuvm.bitnet@psuvax1  QLink: KurtTappe ||

-Erik Lundevall  "Visitors are expected to complain at the reception between
                  9am and 11am daily."      -From a sign in a hotel in Aten
ludde@nada.kth.se | ludde@adder.bula.se | uunet!cbmvax!cbmehq!cbmswe!adder!ludde

al158305@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx (Gustavo Cordova Avila) (03/12/91)

Argh... here goes again..

There's an archive in ab20.larc.nasa.gov called /incoming/amiga/UUJoin101.lzh
which contains a little program called xbin. This is the program you
want, it decodes .hqx files.

Has anobody found a un-.sit-er program??

Gustavo
--
| From Mexico!  Majoring in Electronics Systems Engineering, |
| ITESM presents to you: Gustavo Cordova Avila!!!            |
| And then I woke up :) +------------------------------------+
+-----------------------+

jms@vanth.UUCP (Jim Shaffer) (03/13/91)

Yes, I have an un-Stuffit program.  I haven't looked at it for a long time
because I don't have an un-Binhex program.  If it's not too long, I could
mail it to you.

--
*  From the disk of:  | jms@vanth.uucp		     | "There's UFOs over New
Jim Shaffer, Jr.      | amix.commodore.com!vanth!jms | York, and I ain't too

liberato@dri.com (Jimmy Liberato) (03/13/91)

JKT100@psuvm.psu.edu (JKT) writes:

>Bill Sharp-Smith AUG says:
>>
>> I tried to get some Mac fonts for conversion to Amiga fonts the other
>>day, but they are packed using either binhex or stuffit on the Mac.
>>Is there a compatible unpacker on the Amiga ? an FTP address and
>>file name would be much appreciated.

>I've never seen a program for ANY computer besides Mac that would
>do either of these steps.

There is a unix program called mcvert (or something like that) that
will un-binhex files.  I don't have it but it was mentioned in the
Frequently Asked Questions posting in the mac groups.

--
Jimmy Liberato   liberato@dri.com
                 ...uunet!drivax!liberato

mental@bluemoon.uucp (Sean Kellner) (03/14/91)

> Has anobody found a un-.sit-er program??

 I have. On a local board too (Columbus, OH.) I will try to put it on ab20
but I can make no guarentees since I have never done that before.
        Sean

awessels@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Allen Wessels) (03/14/91)

In article <2X8YTWX@dri.com> liberato@dri.com (Jimmy Liberato) writes:

>There is a unix program called mcvert (or something like that) that
>will un-binhex files.  I don't have it but it was mentioned in the
>Frequently Asked Questions posting in the mac groups.

You can FTP mcvert from rascal.ics.utexas.edu from the mac/unix-related
directory.  I was able to uncompress, unshar, and "make" it work on my Sun
account, and I'm not very Unix-savvy.