[comp.sys.amiga.emulations] IBeM Help on A3000

rmitchel@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Bob Mitchell) (03/17/91)

Hello,
   I've made a feeble attempt at getting IBeM to run on my A3000.  All
I can get is a recoverable alert from a disk device error.  My question
to the net is exactly what version of the messydos.device is needed.
If anyone has had any success at getting IBeM to operate on the A3000,
I would appreciate explicit hints.  Email me your solutions and I'll
post a summary if there is any interest.

Thanks
bob
rmitchel@jarthur.claremont.edu

rblewitt@sdcc6.ucsd.edu (Richard Blewitt) (03/17/91)

In article <11259@jarthur.Claremont.EDU> rmitchel@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Bob Mitchell) writes:
>   I've made a feeble attempt at getting IBeM to run on my A3000.  All
>I can get is a recoverable alert from a disk device error.  My question
>to the net is exactly what version of the messydos.device is needed.
>If anyone has had any success at getting IBeM to operate on the A3000,
>I would appreciate explicit hints.  Email me your solutions and I'll
>post a summary if there is any interest.

You need to do a few simple things:

1) Throw away messydos.  Even at best, it is very flaky on a 3000.
2) Get CrossDOS the demo version is read only, but is enough to get
   you started, and the real version is cheap ~$30.
3) Once it is installed, add the crossdos mountlist into S:mountlist,
   and change the name DI0: to IBMA:.  IBeM will now work as
   promised, assuming you have a good MS-DOS boot disk (I know,
   that's an oxymoron :))

Rick